Tires questions

I know the size I need (225/45/17), but I’d like to know what some of you guys suggest as to what type of tires and where to get them. I’m looking for a sportier type of tire. The 16’s are wrapped in Bridgestone Fuzion ZR1’s, but I only got those because the OEM tires went flat or bald…and that’s the only type of 225/50/16 tire that Firestone had.

My brother suggests Dunn Tire (he’s never even had a car, so I’m taking that lightly…)

I’ve never had the opportunity for “upgrade” tires either, so that’s why I ask.

Also, budget is ~$400, and if site-sponsor shops can do this, I’d be more than willing to support them. :tup:

i had 16" yoko parada spec 2 tires they fucking rocked look into them

edgeracing.com

Get the Falken RT-615’s. They work quite well on the EVO. FYI, I am running 245/45 R17.

www.tirerack.com

They have tons of info, great pricing and great service.

i would reccomend falken ze512s there a decent handeling tire. without a decently handeling tire price. what great is they have real wet traction so say a rainy summer night comes along u wont have to worry about going for a drive. u gotta maintain these tires. rotate ever 5k and get it align once a season and u will be good to go

Hankook Ventus Rs2 Z212: $99/Tire at edgeracing or the azenis rt-615 which are $112. your are not going to get great life out of them but they are pretty much the stickiest street tires out there with reasonable prices.

dunlop sport 5000’s ftw

Interesting, I had the Falken ZE512’s on my Celica for a bit, and I thought they
were the worst tires I have ever encountered. I ripped them off after abotu 15,000 miles and sold them right quick.

edgeracing.com…vulcantire.com…tirerack…i personally like Kumho Escta 711s for DD and Kumho MXs or Falken Azenis for those sporty sundays in parking lots

its hit or miss with them. there not bad. iam getting bf goodrich traction tas for the summer. iam not a huge fan of falkens only cause like i said if tire maitnance isnt preform they will wear. i have see them cup in 2300 miles on a 05 accord.but this guys alignment was so horrendous. consumer reports rated them the best buy though

I had the ZE512’s on my civic and wore them down to nothing in half the summer (but the have a treadware warranty, so I am getting a new set for free!). The only good news is that Sears Tire will pricematch, so I showed them edgeracing’s price and got them for under $50/tire in my size. The Kuhmo 711’s are pretty gay too, but if you are looking for a cheap tire, they will both fit the bill, as they are better than all seasons.

I can honestly say I have never gotten 15,000 miles out of any tire.:smiley:

:word: