title lein release quick question.

Hey Guys.

I’m about to make the last payment on my truck.

How does the title lein release procedure work?

The lein holder is a local bank (credit union).

Do they just stamp the title as lein satisfied, and can I sell the car, or do I have to wait for it to be mailed back to Albany, and come back clear?

I’m trying to figure if i can sell the car outright asap, or will i have to wait a few weeks for albany to send a new title.

Thanks,
Justin

htey send u a letter of lein release and u give that with the title u have to the next owner

that’s correct ^

the bank sometimes takes a while unless u go there and tell them u really need it and they will type it up for u right there

They wait 30 days a lot of times. Banks are ghey.

X…

took 2 weeks for me to get mine after I sent in the last payment, my loan company was in cali. If its a local bank you can go there and get it or have them mail it

Yea, the bank just sends you a letter, then when you sell the vehicle you just give them the title and letter; then when they register it, the lean is removed from the paper title.

I just paid off my Firebird, I had a letter in 3 days. If I would’ve gone to the bank for the final payment, they would’ve give me it right there.

yea it depends all on the bank I guess

Yeah I deal with a credit union with 5 employees. They all know me by name, i’m sure they will just type up a letter on their letterhead and hand it to me that day.

[quote=“JustinH,post:9,topic:25914"”]

Yeah I deal with a credit union with 5 employees. They all know me by name, i’m sure they will just type up a letter on their letterhead and hand it to me that day.

[/quote]

Yeah thats what they have always done for me is just type it right there because usually I am paying the remainder off because the car is being sold, then I get the Official paperwork in the mail a week later or so.