TMP Road Course This Friday 9/4/09

If anyones interested I will be going to TMP friday for later open lapping session. It is 6pm to dusk which means you will only get 2 hours of track availability. Price is 63 canadian if you call them and preregister which is not too bad.

The whole TMP testifying against Dunnville at their hearing thing makes me want to stay away from that place.

I’m curious to see how everyone else treats this situation.

Sounds like a good place to protest to me. Could you imagine every participant stopping in the middle of the track?

Nah, then you’d be ruining everyone else’s track day.

I’m just not going to support them by not going, and that’s my personal stance.

GL. Most people here are probably going to to be protesting them, as already stated, and rightfully so.

Spencer don’t support that shit hole.

I will not support them.

If it winds up at the end of the day to be our only cheap, close to home, solution for tracktime in just about anything you can drive we should be so lucky as to still have that option. :shrug:

I don’t care for the layout, the operating staff, the distance to drive, or the way they handled the Dunnville situation.

Just on a cost analysis (for me), it’s 60 miles closer than Nelson Ledges, and 100 miles further than Watkins Glen (one way mileage, so 120 longer for Nelson and 200 closer for the Glen). I can goto a weekend at the Glen for $285, or Nelson for $220. Or I can go for a day at TMP for $200 (their price, as quoted on their website) per day.

I wouldn’t even begin to call that a cheap alternative. It would cost me MORE to goto TMP for a day than the Glen for a weekend.

I just need to test my car out at a smaller track this weekend. There isnt really another option now that dunnvilles closed that is closeby and cheap.

Place is a dump, the extra distance sucks, and they were assholes about the Dunnville thing.

I’m voting with my wallet and will NEVER go back there.

I should mention for anyone going to Canada with a trailer that the Ontario police have been looking for US residents with cars on trailers to give tickets to. When I was at Mosport they gave a dozen participants tickets for not having stamped serial plates on their trailer, or not having the additional safety inspection sticker for Canada on your truck (to haul the trailer). This fine is apparently more than $300. I got stopped in their trap at 7 am on basically the only road into Mosport, but my trooper window sticker and wife set me free. Apparently they were waiting on the main road to the track between 6 am and 9 am to catch people going to the track. I would expect a similar thing to happen in other parts of Ontario, since this is a newer requirement.

:tup: Canada

Nelson Ledges keeps looking better and better. That’s some serious bullshit right there. You have any more details on this safety inspection sticker because I was planning a couple fall fishing trips to some lakes in Ontario.

Stay classy, Canada, Stay classy.

As much as I like LCMT and had fun at Calabogie, shit like this coupled with the distance likely means I’ll spend my money at Watkins Glen, Nelson, NHMS and other USA tracks in the foreseeable future…

True. How can you argue $60 for a possible 3 hours of track time.

I can argue with it because including associated costs it’s more like $300 (wear and tear, tow gas, tolls, etc). Not to mention Toronto Motorsports Park has made it quite clear they DO NOT support the automotive hobbiest and are purely in to make a quick buck. Like when I’ve done an event there in the past, and they hit me for an additional $20 on the way in to park my rig, even though I’ve already paid for the event.

Once the officer learned that my wife is a cop back home, he was friendly and chatty with me, even though I wanted to run him over for poaching. He told me that they changed the way to calculate the weight limit so that if your truck and trailer and everything hauled have a weight greater than the GVRW on the sticker of the tow vehicle, you must have the supplemental safety sticker.

He also mentioned a little later that if it’s easy for the officer to calculate, i.e. your truck, plus the titled weight of the trailer, plus the titled weight of the car (or boat) are greater than the GVRW they’ll give the ticket. I don’t think they intend to go through the trouble of carrying scales, but who knows.

Mike, please elaborate on the $285 weeknd at the The Glen, I want to start saving and planning for next summer. What club do you run with?