TMP Road Course This Friday 9/4/09

Shattenbaum PCA was $285 last I ran with them.

Niagara PCA is $325 and is just about the best group you can run with at the Glen.

Chin and TrackMasters are ~$400 but is great for advanced group/open lapping/passing.

Those are just three off the top of my head. There are lots of “cheaper” groups who run there in the $250-$350 range for a weekend.

75 bucks for a day at dunville? oh wait your $60 option contributed to their closure.

Thanks

So when you say $285 for a weekend at the glen, is that including all your associated costs?

No that is the cost of the event.

Clearly you don’t know how to read, comparing just entry fees:

If I then compare towing costs, wear and tear, etc I come out only slightly more expensive to spend a WEEKEND at the Glen vs A SINGLE DAY at TMP.

Man, I wonder which one of those I’m going to select.

Clearly their website also says $150 for a saturday. You quote having to spend $300 at TMP but you don’t add in any associated costs to your $285 weekend at the glen. What if someone doesn’t wanna spend or can afford to do a whole weekend at the glen, is it half price? What about the people from buffalo whose trip to the glen would be an over 3 hour drive. Did you take that into account. What about over night accomidations? Two days worth of gas for racing. etc…
I simply stated $60 was a good deal for 3 hours worth of racing. Even if you only went for 2 hours, $30 an hour is awesome for the amount of driving you can do compared to auto-x.
There was no reason for you to come off as an asshole for me simply saying $60 is a good deal. I don’t care if you hate TMP or not, you don’t need to be a dick about it here and discourage people from racing,

Let me break this down for you, in a very simple manner, so you can understand it.

TMP has shown through their attitude towards their patrons, and their lack of support for the automotive industry, and other local events and road courses that they do NOT care about “supporting car enthusiasts”. They care about making a quick buck. Which is why I’ve been at events where they asked us to leave before our reserved time was over. Which is why they’ve delayed us getting on track because they were short staffed. Which is also why they spoke up against Dunnville, another local road course so they could attempt to take their business.

In terms of a cost difference, my COST to goto TMP is over $300 for a single day event, including entry fee, fuel, wear and tear, towing, etc. When I can hit Watkins Glen, for just a hair over $100 more, FOR A WEEKEND. You honestly are trying to tell me you’d goto TMP, an establishment that cares nothing for the automotive enthusiast for a single day? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Either you’re employed by, related to, or just plain ignorant.

Oh, and by the way, it’s not racing, it’s open lapping. Referring to it as “racing” is what has gotten so many tracks in trouble across the country before. Not to mention it’s a really easy way to lose your insurance carrier.

Once again your basing this on YOU, not everyone else. Not everyone wants to open lap for a whole weekend and not everyone wants to spend $400 to do so either. Which $115 in expenses for a weekend of racing :tif: I may be wrong but I think Mike went through almost 2 tanks of gas in his roush at dunnville. Thats an average of $100 right there alone in gas. So you’d rather tell someone go spend $500 for a weekend at the glen or don’t go lapping at all?

Have you ever even been to a track day?

Do you even know the format for how they work at “big” tracks? Because it sure doesn’t sound like it. The event’s I’m talking about are highly organized, with experienced personal to instruct if you so desire, flagging, ems, etc. And you are wrong, because I was there, with Mike and he didn’t go through two tanks of fuel at the track. Hell, I barely go through two tanks at the Glen, and I did way more mileage than Nabb at Dunnville last time out. Including driving there and back he went through two tanks.

You don’t lend any weight to your argument because you have no experience or data to back it up. My pricing is based on years of doing this.

Besides forget the cost standpoint the major issue here is that TMP doesn’t support the community. Just a quick buck.

Ignorance runs rampant!

QFT, can we ban this fucking NYstanger morAn already? :violin2:

For those of you that might not be aware, this is what really got most of us to hate TMP.

http://www.dunnvillechronicle.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1715629

Owner Lee Abrahamson and two Autodrome employees -Steve Strong and Marian Kuiper, who also live in the area – voiced their support at the hearing.

Neale Armstrong, on behalf of Toronto Motorsports Park and D. Blunt, on behalf of Beckley Beach Cottagers Corporation, spoke in opposition of the Autodrome.

to clarify: MPD is right. last time at Dunnville i probably went through about 17-20 gallons of gas at the track. my cars gets maybe 8 mpg if im lucky lapping all day. but even so i would definitely spend $500 to do a weekend at the glen. sure you burn through tires and its more wear and tear on your car. but id rather support a place that is working with the automotive community rather than against it. a trip to the glen is worth the money even if its $300 or whatever just to attend the track day not including car costs. but to spend $60 at TMP to use the track for a whole 2 hours is worthless to me. especially when they helped aid the closing of Dunnville was a nice affordable track day and was relatively close. but i dont really have the money to go do 2-3 weekends at the Glen and other places but it would be more worthwhile to do that in my opinion

I spend $100 to go to tracks in canada, 2 tanks of gas and about 6 hours of my time =>$160

I spend $285 to go to the glen, about 30 hours of my time (day of from work), plus a hotel to overnight, a few more meals, at least 3 tanks of gas, being the higher speed type of circuit I will go through a set of brake pads and put more wear and tear on my tires => $285 + $120 gas + $50? hotel + $150 pad-wear + $100 more in tire wear? = $705 (not including a few hundred dollars for not working that day).

Canada track days are not a bad deal at all.

X…

Xander, I’m not sure how you go through more brakes at WGI. It’s a fairly light circuit in terms of brake use, whereas Dunnville and TMP have significantly harder and more frequent braking zones…

Dunnville is lower speeds, I don’t need upgraded pads for 100mph stops, but when you are 140+ it’s a whole different story. However that’s just a small part of the financial equation.

I like the Glen better too, but realistically I can do 4 canada days for 1 glen event, and do those in a half a day. Also when I leave Hank by himself for 30 hours he pisses himself and people call it animal cruelty. :stuck_out_tongue:

X…

Anyways I went friday, it was a clusterfuck getting in there. They had the gates closed until 5:30, and when they finally did open they only opened one gate. There were about 20 trailered drag cars ahead of me, which took forever to move but I finally got in at 6.

There is really no rule inforcement there, they preach all these must have safety regs on the website but dont follow them. I think I was the only one on the track with a helmet.

I did get plenty of track time though, and the track was fun. I wouldnt pay more than 60 bucks to go back though. I think they usually charge 100 for a friday late night session.