To Jeller...

Well the damages are not that bad.
Got too see it with all the front off.
The bumper support and intercooler and all that are in great shape. Really looks like more of a glancing blow than a impact hit. :tup:
Should have the car back next week.
Total damage so far is just over $6000.

Jeller

:tup:

so CF parts to replace (prob. same cost as OEM) ?

Im sure you will make sure they fix it right too, because you know most shops want to cut corners.

[quote=“theblue,post:83,topic:38369"”]

so CF parts to replace (prob. same cost as OEM) ?

[/quote]

Yeah, the big items I recall were:
Hood $ 850 plus the vent panel
Bumper was like $900 (re using the old lip :rolljerk: and vents grilles)
Headlight was in the $600 range (non HID)

Its kind of ghey they want to re-use things (like the vents for the front bumper and the lower lip) but I also do understand where the ins. company is coming from on that, since its really not damaged. Just would prefer it to be new.

Talked to the guy working on it, he was cool and truly a car guy himself :tup:

Jeller

So is that a NO on selling me the snow tires? :deadhorse2:

[quote=“Smaefer,post:86,topic:38369"”]

So is that a NO on selling me the snow tires? :deadhorse2:

[/quote]

werd. Go spend more $$$

Jeller

dont get cf parts, they are hideous on evos! well certain parts are ok like a CF lip, but u DD the car so that might not be so good lol

[quote=“psphinx81,post:88,topic:38369"”]

dont get cf parts, they are hideous on evos! well certain parts are ok like a CF lip, but u DD the car so that might not be so good lol

[/quote]

Nah, Its all just going back to OEM parts only.

YAY, besides a CF hood is heavier than the OEM hood :wink:

You can get an OEM EVO IX front bumper cover without the little crap that go along with it for $600 in change. There’s a place in maryland that sells mitsu parts at cost. Let me know if you need their contact infos.

[quote=“avs,post:91,topic:38369"”]

You can get an OEM EVO IX front bumper cover without the little crap that go along with it for $600 in change. There’s a place in maryland that sells mitsu parts at cost. Let me know if you need their contact infos.

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it’s too late for that. I think the car is almost done.

X…