To Ls1 or not to LS1?

Sorry for sleepin guys, I didn’t know the thread was posted! I did find a nice 1994 formula firebird LT1 with 112K on it. It performed well when I was in it, the outside looked decent, but the interior looked like it needed a shit load of work! The dash was all cracked and broken, the headliner was sagging and had to be taped up, the seats were ripped to shreds, and some trim peices are missing. I am thinking of buy in this, he wants somewhere of $4,000 to $4,500 for it, with all the work and parts I have to do to get the interior to look factory fresh, or at least “decent”, would it be worth it? I also am going to take a look at a 1999 firebird with a v6. I think if I ot the v6 I would supercharge it like a lot of you said! what are your opinions?

What are some good sites I can get a new complete dash board from? Are there any places around here other than junkyards I can get a complete dashboard from?

Thanksfor all the help guys!

112k is a shit load of miles. And for the supercharged V6 idea…forget about it…even after you dump thousands of dollars into the car you’ll be sorry you didn’t save up for an LS1 car.

Wait until the new hotness comes out,lots of people will ditch the old hotness.

find a car from down south that’s wayyyyyyyyy nicer for that much money. And put up with the interior - they’re gonna be junk in any fbod that old. Just get new stuff online, or from thirdgen.org used pg’s.

you will find nearly NO junkyards around here that’ll have this crap. We should have a sticky in Classifieds stating ‘We don’t have any good junkyards in B-lo, so don’t ask’. 2060 on William St, and a couple others - maybe, but just get new stuff from year one or whatever. Don’t waste your time and money on the incredibly overpriced used stuff these yards’ll have.

cliffs: sounds like you should find either a REALLY nice LT1 car or a good-running LS1 (better choice). if you’re thinking about the LT1… read up on the opti-spark ignition, and decide if you feel like buying the MSD opti for 4-500 & a water pump, and even worse - install them. ugh.

get an LS1 with a doghouse interior and M6 & be done with it.

^opti installs? easy, I can do it in 30 min (done it 3 times)

As a fellow guy that bought a pretty clean 95 LT1 4 years ago, Go for an 99-01 !! They are dropping in price like crazy! It almost makes me want to upgrade to a newer one… almost…