to the drummers. got my new snare in

drum workshop 14 by 5.5 black smoke chrome with grey pewter hardware

my god does it crack!

Looks nice. I like the style of lugs and finish on it.

Nice. What kind of head/res are you going with?

im using the remo emperor x head on it. i LOVE heavy heads on my snares cause i crank the crap out of them!

the thing cracks and destroys ur ears!

whered you get it?

Nice. I have the stock snair that came with my Pearl EX. I want a pork pie though. they sound nice.

The only place to get drums…

Buffalo drum outlet

Is it a maple? How many ply?

its steel. my first steel snare accualy im always a maple heavy ply kid but i switched it up a bit. i just finished a gig tonight. played micless and it cut through everything!!!

Nice

This is the one John Longstreth from Origin uses/used:

http://a949.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_3e7685f3755dbe3d4c6dd283f557667c.jpg

gotta be load as fuck.

that almost seems like over kill ill have to play it to believe it ha.

my dad just ordered his dw edge snare 14 by 7 thats to deep for me…

I’ve been looking into piccolo snares to do some serious blast beats.

x2
the snare i really want tho is way outta my price range. udrum cherry bomb, so amazing.

I miss playing the drums :frowning:

cherry bomb is a sick snare, but :tdown: to blast beats. I find them to be one of the most boring techniques you can play.

have you looked up how much the cherry bomb is? the results ive found is like $600

I saw one for like 450 and wish I had the cash to pull the trigger. Like I said it is a sick snare, but I would not use it to the extent that I should for paying that much for a snare.

If ur lookin into a nice stick snare get the mapex black panther bronz snare 14 by 6.5

what does “blast beats” mean

The concept of blast beats is relatively easy, but getting the correct technique and being able to do them for extended periods of time is not.

George Kollias is probably the greatest death/extreme metal drummer ever IMO.