to the guys with RB powered S13/S14's...

how do you guys like the feel of your cars? and i know there’s atleast a few guys who’ve tried the RB25 and RB26. how do the motors compare stock?

do you think it was worth it overall? or SRw/S15 turbos more to your liking?

i am asking because i’m in a transition point right now, and if i don’t sell my CA, i’ll install all my goodies and try for 250-280whp. but i just don’t believe it’ll be reliable, as my HG is already blown. i’m definitely getting the head milled and it’d probably be a good idea to just pull the motor to get it hot tanked since it turns new anti-freeze rusty red. i’ve even flushed it 2 times now, once running water thru for more than half an hour.

i’m under the belief that an RB is the answer. just keeping it stock with a/m FMIC is key. what are your opinions?

yes, RB is awsome. I have drivin a few S13’s and they feel fine. I just finished up workin on one this week. Even stock RB25 is amazing and has awsome power. everything is a plus except the amount of money your going to spend. If you want cheap power build your ca18. If you want more reliable power with some mods and more torque throw in a RB25 and you will enjoy it very much!!! :smiley:

You will need a Ceffy crosmember though. Keep that in mind unless you want to make your own mounts.

i see that autodream has custom mounts for RB series motors for around $500. i assumed they’d be for S13/S14s. plus they do harness conversion kits for DIYers too.

i probably would just give them the car and tell them to go nutz. :smiley: we’ll see how i feel in the spring. it may just be a good idea to rebuild the CA, cuz then it’d be almost new. compared to a low Kms RB, it’ll still be a hard decision. that’s why i’m asking u guys if it’s worth it.

and say i find a RB25 tube mani and upgrade the turbo and injectors say just a step up, it may just be way more fun having a 300hp RB than a 300hp CA.

with a simple turbo set up and exhaust mani on a rb you will have more power than just 300hp. Trust me.

Ya autodream is the whip on RB buildup’s. They can hook you up. I am not too sure what they do with the mounts. I will ask them and find out. But ya they can set you up with a ballin RB25.

CA is pretty much the same thing as a RB engine only 2 more CYL’s so more power!!!:slight_smile:

hehe, i hear 300whp is possible on the stock turbo for the RB25. i just don’t wanna abuse the turbo, but i’d like to upgrade to one that’ll be easy on the engine as well, like a smaller T3 BB turbo, like a GT series.

I’ve met Marvin at autodream, since SCN was in wpg and i was in calgary i decided to go down to their shop. i was surprised to have Marvin lead me to the back, where they were working on their S13.4 hatch. i got to talk to a pretty knowledgeable tech as well, and i am convinced that they’re the only guys i’d take my nissan to.

RB=CA+2cyl? that’s right! but i always thought the RB25 was the bastard step brother that wasn’t nearly as good as the RB26. do they share the same block and different head design? i’m uncertain now what the physical differences are. the 26 has solid cam/lifters, right?

That would most likely be Nguyen (the owner) who is one of the/if not the best nissan tuner in canada (theres a reason they have rb25, sr/rb20, rb26 written on the side of their building :lol: ). I think its great how the owner is the actual guy working on the cars, it ensures the quality of work coming out of autodream will be top notch.

enough said^^^:)

I am pretty sure the 26 and 25 are pretty close to the same. Im not too sure if the head is diffrent?? Intake is though. And the 26 is the big brother of an engine but there is also more parts and an extra turbo and they have ITB’s ect… RB25 will be more conventional and is an amazing engine. Ya you can get 300hp on stock turbo on RB25. GT series turbo will be awsome upgrage for that engine with plenty of power and not much lag.

Call autodream. They will know what will be best for you. Tell Marvin that I got his pocket pussy at my house and I dont want it here no more. I dont want my dad to find out…jk:):):slight_smile:

Good luck dude

Autodream’s RB26 S14 is in this month’s Modified Mag. Pretty neat write up about it too :slight_smile:

i hated the way they said everything but its PIMP that hes in the mag i bought it as soon as i could! props to nugeyn

wicked! i’m still looking for this month’s Modified though. last months turbo S2K is still on our stands.

i should really subscribe though, i’be bought the last 7 months in a row already. :oops:

i dont really understand why so many people are going to so much trouble to swap out their CA’s for other motors. To me is seems like everyone is trading in a completely capable engine for others that are good and even better in many respects, but why not work with what you have. Dont have to sawp an engine in, or pay someone else to. And the money you save from that could go into parts to make that engine carry more HP and still stay reliable. Just my two bits, but i think the engine swap craze is gettin nuts, im gonna take advantage of one of these many CA’s commin out of these cars and put it into my 240. But its good for me, with so many people swapping them out, its a lot cheaper than other turbo engines and i can have a lotta fun makin big power with 1.8 litres. Anyone can make power with 2.5, am i right???

well, you can buy my stock CA, mill the warped head, hot tank it because it’s gunked up from 15+ years of using tapwater in the coolant system, and change out the rod bearings while you’re at it. if u even have the cash, you could buy all my turbo upgrades for my CA, less the FMIC (:D), and you’d have a capable 300HP CA.

but it’s funny how people say they’re going to get a CA/SR/RB swap and never do it because they don’t have the money or capabilities. i thought i could do my turbo upgrades myself, and i even learned how to weld pretty well, but the mechanical aspect totally turns me off.

i had to change my timing belt and water pump this year, as well as pulled the dents, sanded, primed, wet sanded and painted my car. after that, i was pretty much done for the year. i just wanted to drive my car.