Anyone here with an RB swap?

I just wanted to know if any users here have an RB swap. Anyone?

Yes.

GT (and Happy)

Locked? Also, what does the small text say, i can’t see it very well
Can those who’ve done the swap tell me how difficult it was? I’ve heard some clearance issues with the steering rack when using an RB26DETT and wanted to get more information about it

instead of spending nearly 10grand on an rb26, why not just buy a skyline?
sure all the cool kids are doin motorswaps…but a swap of that magnitude is kinda pointless when you would get better performance from the original car the motor is from for roughly the same amount of cash.

think about it?

Also (I’m not an RB/Skyline pro) but isnt the RB26 AWD ? so if you want to use the RB26 you need to use an RB25 Tranny in order to pull it off ?

I could be wrong (and am leaning towards it) lol…

Yeah. I’ve read that if you’re going to use an RB26 you’d need the trans from an RB25. From what I’m hearing on other forums, it would be more beneficial to just use an RB25 in a 240 as opposed to a 26 since they both give similarly high horsepower and torque. Besides, even if it was an RB25 from an Skyline GTS-T it would still give a pretty good ‘wow’ factor to the 240

just put a sr in, the extra cost of the rb’s arent worth it.

that is all.

You need to use the RB25 tranny.

Who says a skyline has better performance than a 240sx with an RB swap?

I’ve driven skylines and I’ve been in a pretty much stock swapped RB26 240sx.

IMO, it’s clear where the better performance lies.

lets see…hmmmm 4000lbs + awd with a stock rb26

VS

rwd 2700-2900lbs car with same stock car.

Which will perform better?

this topic wasnt about which preforms better.

90% of the people who ask about this stuff NEVER go about doing it because they relize it’s more trouble than its worth.

lets see…hmmmm 4000lbs + awd with a stock rb26

VS

rwd 2700-2900lbs car with same stock car.

Which will perform better?

this topic wasnt about which preforms better.

90% of the people who ask about this stuff NEVER go about doing it because they relize it’s more trouble than its worth.[/quote]

Yeah, and less drivetrain loss. Other than lauches, the 240 should rape it.

honestly, it pretty easy 2 do if u use the aftermarket mounts, drive shaft and ur harness done its easy 2 do. but remember $$$$$$$$$$ it had cost me a nice dollar 2 do.

then the speedo doesnt work and you dont have a tach.

all sorts of “little” things you wont be ready for.

stick with the simple, tired and true methods.

if you want a Rb, put a CA into it.

then you fix it bitch, you act so tough but you complain so much

dude when will you start making sense ?

speedo does work the rpm will be off or just install a tach and u’ll have rpm

heres a pic of my rb25 just need to install the intake manifold
http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06176/rb25.JPG.xs.jpg

then you fix it bitch, you act so tough but you complain so much

dude when will you start making sense ?[/quote]

where do i start with you?

complaining, nope, acting tough, nope, wrong again.

I went thru this whole rb thing with a friend of mine not to long ago. Wanted a rb26 in his s14 and had all the cash for it. I told him to look further into it, add up the costs and he did. What did he see and what did he decide? Well he went out and bought himself a sr20, headgasket, arp headbolts, 550cc injectors, z32 maf, gt2871, n1 duals exhuast, greddy ic, megan downpipe and elbow and STILL is was cheaper.

As for the if you want a rb, get a ca? do your research, the CA is almost identical in EVERY WAY to the rb. right down to the ecu. Minus the extra 2 cylinders mind you.

Then there is the fact the s13’s were designed around the Ca18det, then the sr was desgined to work with it.

The s14’s were then designed around the sr20det.

like i said, stick with the tried and true methods and you’ll be happier in the long run, with more cash in your pocket at the end of the day.

now if i was being a dick i would say something about your lack of mechanical skills…ie breaking off the bit extractor…hows that going for you anyways?

OWNED

nvm you wont even get what i said cause your just thinking of what to say back to me, sory i cant post my opinions guys… i would do the rb swap, it would be a fun project

what opinion? you blatantly(sp) attacked me.

Guys, guys, calm down. I started this thread just to see which of our members have done RB swaps, not to start fights.

BTW, p_dvorak, nice color, I like the orange.