rb or 13b?

a good friend of mine owns a 86 rx-7 turbo II, like me he wishes to be diffrent and take on a s13. i have had plans since i dont know when to put a rb20 in a 240sx, but he offerd me a deal, a 86 rx-7 with 76k like mint cond. brand new street ported motor exhaust and some tunning. very very nice car. i have been researching nissan’s for close to 2 years now, its all i know, and what i know about rotory motors i can’t even scratch surface with them.

he wants to trade me, for my 240 coupe. i have no clue what to do, i have everything lined up to do 4g’s worth the work to my 240 and this crashes it. but at the same time i love the FC so much and i love my s13 but i cant decide. not knowing about rotory’s wants me to do one and on the other hand i wana do a rb20, and keep working on my s13, the fc is well taken care of. hes a rx-7 nut. its a great opertunity to get a car in realy good condition with low milage (for a 86) and a good solid rotor motor.

but at the same time i’ve been looking into this rb20 thing for god knows how long. its so hardto decide. i love m s13 its alot more comfotable than the rx-7 to drive, but the 7 has sooo many good points…i dunno whats stoin me i am kind of scared of rotory, but i realy want a RB…

im realy going nowere with this. such a tuff decishion. what are your thoughts? stick with what i know or explore new territory?

trade him… 240’s are so played out.

the RX7 is a, in my opinion, much cooler car…

that in mind, it will probably break more often.

Buy what you want.

get a dsm they’re all the rage

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/Bandwagon.jpg

take advice of whats cool from the dude in the flat black geo prizm… :ugh2:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

240sx’s are played out and yet you own one!?!?!?!?!

well they are played out…

the Sr20DET swap is gettin ads common as a LS swap into a civic

well look at it this way the wankle rotary has fewer internal parts.the bulk of the time their Achilles heel is the apex seals.they have a tremendous red line and are boost friendly as well as rwd.Of course I am biased I own 2 mazdas.

i.e. my reason for gettin a rb20

:rofl:

so played out even tho i’ve owned 3 of them and own 2 now?

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

yes. they are all part of the bandwagon. Civics, DSMs, and 240s run rampant.

I never heard of a RX7 bandwagon though :slight_smile:

buddy of mine got two of them. One is gettin a turbo motor swap and the other one is gettin the mighty 302 put in it :burnout:

:bsflag:

maybe i’ll keep it just to piss u guys off

think of it this way… a sr20 was actually a factory option for our cars. it would be like swapping a v8 into a firebird or v6 camaro. and i dont think a civic with an LS motor is even on the same performence level as a 240 with an SR.

no it’s nothing like that nad was never a factory option for you…it would be like swapping an ls1 into an impala and calling it a holden factory option. :rolleyes: