another Nissan NeWb

i think ive been registerd here for a wile…i just figrued i’d post this…

anyhow you’d prolly know me to see me if your into nissan’s or anything turbo…for example like sunday i was the num nuts hangin out the passenger window of my friends black 240sx that we just put a SR20 in, wile he was doin donuts…i was wearin a orange hat.

i’m the (THANK GOD!!!) former owner of a wrx :reloading …i despise that car its junk…
im also the former owner of a sr powerd primer black silvia witha sr20.

tired of the jspec s13 motor i’ve moved onto bigger and better things

i’ve decided to go with a skyline motor this time around. check out teamvoa.com if you dont belive me

as of this moment i own a 240 hatch and a 240 coupe

gota q’ about nissan stuff hit me up on aim or anything even here i guess…im not gona lie i dont come here much, i just checked it out after seeing the coverage of the street heaters thing yesterday, after looking for pictures with me in it =p

i drive a nissan i roll with team VOA. they call me garret. peace

welcome:beer:

welcome!

welcome nissian owner :bigthumb:

I roll w/ ponys

Welcome

Welcome.

welcome

hi

Tired of it? What was your best E.T. out of the sr20? Do you really feel that you maxed out its potential? Was it the flat black car with the 5zigen fn1or’s? I think i saw it down at our garage if so…

Thats cool, my roomate has an rb26 with an rb25 tranny thats getting put into his s13. Just got the head back from a-1 machine shop… just has to find shims for it and then some other odds and ends. Good luck! :wink:

welcome

I feel that i didnt even tap the potenial of the sr20. i ran 13.2’s witha open diff and nothing but 15psi and a front mount thats pretty much standard issue for a sr20 swap. i dont want 10 second times i just wana have fun. i plan on swappin a rb20det from a a31 or r32 taking it to my shop bustin out YE-OLE-Tig welder make myself some front mount pipes and a down pipe (i use aluminium and stainless thuss the tig) strap on a t3/t04e somthing in a 60 trim. hookin up the power FC slappin in some 550’s and a q45 maf, hope for at least 350 and call it a day. i dont intend to brake any records or smoke any mod class cars. maybe in a year or so i’ll rebuild it as a RB24 =) that would be fun. i just wana have fun. why did i get rid of my primer car? well have you seen the body work??? and i made 9500 off of it. and thats more than i put into it so the way i see it…i made a hell of a profit dont you think. the guy who ownes it now got it out of a trade. i gave him 10g’s and my 240 and i got a wrx. i sold the wrx for 19,500. patt’s(my old 240) coupe is down at your shop now gettin head work done. i sold the grey hatch he gave me to my good friend and hes doin a RHD and a RB.

i dont know why you gave me such a sore attitude, i met you at the flashlight drags. you seemed like a nice guy. and again im totaly aware of what jay plans to do with his RB26. he will be one of the dozen or so people who have perfomed this swap state side.

i have never seen another rb20 swap in person, other than my good friend who shall remain named opelok from arizona. he has a rhd rb20 works at fueled perfomance in AZ. but none in this area, theres a video of it on teamvoa.com

i like the silvia look i love the rb20 feel. it revs a lil past 7g’s and pulls all the way too it. good enuff for what i would like to do. witch is in review : be diffrent and have fun.

my current car is a 240sx XE coupe with every option nissan had at the time. such as HUD and stuff like that. it too is black, and just as mint as my last 240 before i decided to try and do my own body work (witch is a no no!)

on order at the moment are as follows…

RB20DET front clip complete with r32 kframe VLSD and big brakes all around
Bee*R duels
megan test pipe
F.A.L. fans
silvia front end conversion w/ msports fenders
Tein type FLEX coils
Defi Gauges
M sports wide rear fenders
17x9.5 FN’s and 5 lug convo for the rear
garrett bar and plate intercooler core
some paint thanks to the folks at the shop…
just about all for now to get me on the road. i’ll explect the clip in 10-15 buisness days via frieght

well i guess thats all for now. i hope we didnt get off on the wrong foot.
take care!

i didnt know that was you that i met. I wasnt tryng to give you a sore attitude… it just seemed like you were shitting on sr20’s.

I guess i just dont understand why you would swap a 2.0 4cyl for a heavier and not much more powerful 2.0 6cyl? When for what you spent on the rb swap you could have a nice turbo uprgade and have a higher revving 350hp sr20.

We’re not on the wrong foot… do what you like, fuck what everyone else thinks :bigok:

the rb shipped is costing me 1500 bucks, i plan on eventualy doing a rb24 again to do somthing diffrent i suppose. a sr cost my friend mike about 2g’s for the motor (the company we deal with is great we get em at distrubutor cost…witch im sure you do form sr20store) it was like 2200 shipped, so at 1500 bucks fora front clip what do i need to make it run? fluds and some flex-a-lite fans…i’m prolly looking at close to 2500 turnkey with upped boost hopfully i’ll rival my previous 13.2…if i wana be clean i’ll make myself a tranny mount…i’ll prolly just cut the r32 one down an inch. i like doin swaps i had so much fun doin mikes SR (you guys saw it it was like 1320’s but there he was spinning steelies and flining donuts for liek 20 minets strait) and the rb has alot more wiring (witch i’ve come to love) if thats posible… well if u just the ka lower harness its really jsut wiring a sr so to speak…its alot cleaner. i could prolyl get a rb20 on the road for what a sr costs before shipping. you dont need mounts thats a very popular misconseption. you realy dont even need them for the 25 witch i wanted to do for quiet a wile…but it makes things a bit harder. the rb20 tranny is the same as the ka and sr jsut again the diffrent bellhousing. a few small diffrances…but the rb25 i’m sure you have seen is simpley massive and just isnt easy to work with w/o mounts. i dont recomend mckinley they piss me off. personal issues i suppose.

whats cool about the GTS-T motors is that they have t3 manifolds. you can bolt up a 60 trim t3/t04e witch i intend to do in compination witha ca18 D.P. and my handy dandy power FC . i even thought of doing a CA18 for a wile.

if you wana know why i like rb20’s so much check out teamvoa.com’s forums section under video and look at ope’s big burnout video listen to how mean the serial 6 sounds even in its 2L forum

i’ll prolly start a thread about it either here or on teamvoa you guys can watch my progres…or you can come to the south hills, come to the shop n check us out! i’ll be our 2nd of 3 nissans we are gona do this year!

remember kids livin at home at 19 isn’t a drag its pimp cause u can own like 4 cars when you work full time as a CNC programer!

i own 2 240’s!

i’ll prolly pick up a FC3S some time in the spring for a nother fun car

i guess i just enjoy being diffrent…

one thing i’ll miss about the SR is… sayin… “I’ts only a 4 cyl”

i guess i could lie

well in any event, good luck with the project… and welcome to the forums.

teamvoa.com… blah, have to register to view forums

welcome anyway

so you gota register to view these forums… i think its under videos in why we do RB swaps

wow. :owned:

anyway. im impressed at the knowledge :slight_smile: when ever you start working on your swaps i might have to stop down and check some things out! maybe work out a deal on a swap for my s13 :wink: :x:

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9959

Well whoever filmed that video needs a lesson in camera skills.

:hsugh:

yeah, living at home so you can dump all your money into decade old econoboxes is definately “pimp”