s13 need help how to do a rb25 swap

im looking into swaping a rb25 motor into a s13…i need azacly what it needs to be installed…

i know it needs custom engine mounts… i need more info, and is it worth doin as well?

Come on dude - if you want to be taken seriously you are going to have to put a bit more effort in.

Based on the level of English used in your question I am prepared to bet my left nut that you will NEVER get any where close to completeing a RB25det swap into anything other than your dreams.

My only suggestion is SEARCH and READ.

well if ur swapping it ur gonna need alot, the motor, trans, custom motor mounts, ecu, tach(or aftermarket tach), speedo, custom driveshaft, im unsure about the power steering etc, probably just make some custom lines

is it worth doing? depends what u want. from what ive heard the rb is good for going straight line, but it throws off the weight in the 240, making the front end past the cross member very heaving and it can induce understeer when cornering

for me i wouldnt want one, im more into the corner than drag so a ka-t is way better sutted

HeatW has a pre wired (for S13) RB25 he is looking to sell right now. I think he posted it @ $3500…

sorry i have the whole package, just if i wanted to swap the goods in…what does it need to fit in?

like engine mounts, cutom driveshaft, stuff like that… i need to know

It won’t fit into a 240 unless you get a lot of custom work done. Your best bet is to just buy a 92 Civic shell and it should drop right in. I’ve done it.

dude maybe u should try reading because i just told u…and also try searching

ok um iv heard it gives u understeer…some ppl say it dosnt, all i want is to have good traction and handling not drifting, and fly on the highway…that what i like about the rb inline6…sr20 i owned 1 and there not that great on the highway speeds…i dont know

my budget is under 10grand…and i want at least 450hp crank and want to do low 12s high 11s

soo guys gimmi some info which is a good realiable swap for an s13

and i dont know if a rb is worth doin i have enuff for the swap

which would be the best motor to swap? list plz

dreamer, you ain’t nothing but a dreamer…

why is it all these kids are always saying i want (insert ridiculous hp here) so i can be super tyte.

seriously what did you just say son?

wtf u hating on my post…i own a skyline…and i want something quicker…and light…

you own a skyline and you want something light…hmm maybe you should look at the weight difference between a s13/r32 gtst, not more than 100lbs. OH wowwy, damn you’ll FLY.

if you want help around here, KINDLY SEARCH, and type in english people understand, not JDM TYTE super mad drifto king speak.

and am i supposed to be impressed you own a skyline? good for you, tell me when you wreck it, i’m always looking for spare parts.

i own a gtr u rehab…and if u wana talk about crap dont say it on the forums…say it to my face if your man enuff

i hate when dum kids like you, like to say crap all over the forums and think there soo bad behind the computer…dammmmm im soo big…i wana talk crap about this guy cause i have nothing in life in stay on my computer all night talking shit…hurting ppl

settle down boys

keep it civil

re-hab ? what’s a rehab… i thought re-hab was a place and not a name.

If you can’t opperate a simple function called search how are you going to install a rb25 in a s13? really.

Sorry, mike, i’ll be good i promise :roll:

well obviously i woundlt come on and waste time here…i wanted to see if there were other ppl who have done the swap here…and recommend doin it…or is worth doin…and what it also need to be installed with the swap…

guy dont hate

shouldn’t you have asked that before you bought the engine?

u are contradiction urself. if u own a skyline allready then dont bother with swapping in an rb into a 240, its not worth it. Ur better off with a ka-t or sr. and a 240 is only 100 pds lighter than a skyline.

sr’s are great on the highway if done properly. if u have researched u would see that sr’s can go 170mph+which is way faster than u need.

the reason people are treating u bad, is because, well the way ur talking is a dreamers way. u dont sound very serious at all, and seam to have no knowledge on the subject yet. Its best to research and be educated on what u want to do before u start posting questions. Engines are all personal preference. For me i would rather have a KA-T then anything else because it has more stroke than a SR, more tq, and will be alot more fun at 350whp. If you want our help your going to need to be a little more serious and do some research urself. Like i said. U cant just ask these questions, u need to research it yourself. there is tonnes of information ot be had over the internet u just need to know how to use it.

Search if ur friend!

rb_killer, your name says it all. People like you kill the reputation of the RB. lol do you even have a GTR? Cause honestly, you seem like some 16 year old kid who just dreams of a GTR but can’t even get one. And if you really did have a GTR and you want an RB25 in a 240 because it’ll be lighter and faster… then all i gotta say is wow. Why don’t you put that 10,000 into your skyline if you still have it or even had one.Honestly, whenever I hear “RB” in the same sentence as “240sx”, it seriously makes me go

:worf:

okkk u know what this site was always wack fackin haters…and im selling my skyline, and i want something that was more fun to me…just leave it to that fuk this