Tom Reynolds can't write a letter

First, Tom, it’s good to include the return address and the address of the destination at the top of the letter. A date somewhere at the top of the letter would be fantastic as well. “From the Desk of Tom Reynolds” just sounds pompous. No, you hail from somewhere, Tom. We know you probably didn’t write this, and nobody believes it was written at your desk, but it’s completely obvious that it was written at a desk somewhere. It is not necessary to bombard the recipient with such details upon first opening the envelope.

Tom, we are people. I like to be addressed as “Dear Sir:”, “Dear concerned voter:” , “Dear fellow republican:” I like that “fellow” part. It puts us on the same page, Tom. It seems you and I have been rather distant lately. It’s as though once you got to Washington you only cared about your own political career and not the people you represent. I would like to feel that this relationship is important, especially now that your ass is hovering over boiling water.

Please consider using block indendations. It makes the letter look much neater. Tom, 2 sentences is not enough information to be considered a paragraph. It looks rather messy. You do not have to tell us that you are our congressman–we voted you into office. Yes, we have brains. That’s another point I would like to make, Tom. When using a hyphen to combine clauses, it is not necessary to use a conjunction. Use comas if you wish to make a parenthetical statement with the use of “and”. If you feel the need for a conjunction, then the two clauses are too different to be combined with a hyphen.

Why would anybody with a brain break up a sentence and put half on the front and half on the back? This is followed by a horrible sentence that I don’t even want to get into. What a fucking mess. I love how you tell us what the letter was about. Fuck you, Tom. I’m smart enough to figure it out. Maybe you should hire somebody that can write a coherent letter such that figuring out the letter’s purpose is not painful, difficult or downright below our level of comprehension.

…shudder…

I don’t even know why you used a colon there. “The bottom line regarding my true sentiments is this: I wish…” Those of us that do not feel that we are above the English language would have used a period, but since you can’t even sign your letter properly this may be too much to expect.

Lets start with something simple sugh as the signature. Put it to the left, to the right if you must, but NOT in the center. Please sign your last name too. Including your middle initial will make the rest of the world know that you really care about who people think you are.

Finally, if there really is nothing that has meant more to you than my and my neighbor’s trust, then you should probably make a conscience effort to put it at the beginning of the letter. At the very least including it in the body of the letter would make a better impression. It would prevent us individuals that came home from a hard day at work from being bombarded by that rather blunt first paragraph.

P.effin’S. If you are reelected then I hope I do not see you supporting the declaration of English as our official language.

why are you a republican?