Too Much Fun Warning!!!! KTM Race_Orange "Arrive & Ride" Track Days

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6024/1190rc8r.jpg

I am going to keep this short as I need to hurry and go register…:lol:excited:lol

KTM and Mid-Ohio School is doing 4 “Arrive & Ride” Event this season. Bascially, you pay $275 (which includes use of the KTM motorcycle, fuel, tires and track day fee) for an “Arrive & Ride” Trackday at Mid-Ohio Using KTM’s line of bikes; Including the RC8 & RC8R!!!. All you need is you and your gear.

Video from last years event:

Event dates as follow:
04/26/10 (Mon) KTM Race_Orange Track Day
04/27/10 (Tue) KTM Race_Orange Track Day
07/07/10 (Wed) KTM Race_Orange Track Day
07/19/10 (Mon) KTM Race_Orange Track Day

You can register >>HERE<<

WHO’s IN???

These sessions, dubbed KTM Race_Orange Track Days, are unique as KTM motorcycles, such as RC8, RC8R, 990 SMR and 690 Dukes will be provided exclusively for each participant to ride. The fuel, tires and other necessary maintenance throughout the day will all be handled by KTM. This creates an opportunity for riders to get on track without the need to transport their bikes to the facility.

Riders will be split into three groups that will ride in multiple 20 minute sessions throughout the day. The first two will be “sport” groups, consisting of novice and beginner intermediate riders and the final “super sport” group will encompass experienced intermediate and expert participants.

Rider Gear Requirements

* All riders must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
* <b><i>Damage free DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.</i></b>
* Riding boots that <b><i>fully cover the ankle</i></b>.
* <b><i>Gauntlet style gloves</i></b> with full wrist coverage.
* <b><i>One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for intermediate or advanced groups</i></b>. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group only provided they are either one piece or zip together with at least 50% zipper contact with reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.
* Advanced and Intermediate group riders <b><i>MUST WEAR A BACK PROTECTOR. Soft back pads sewn into suits are not enough. No back protector = no track time!

Cancellations/Refunds

Will be given only if a cancellation request is received 31 days or more in advance, in writing (email, fax or letter). We will deduct a 15% processing fee from your refund amount. Cancellations made between 30 and 15 days prior to an event will be granted credit for another track date usable within 1 year from the date of the event (credits can only be transfered one time). No cancellations will be accepted 14 days or less prior to an event.

If you want to change your track day to another track day prior to the date of your scheduled track day there is a $50 administrative fee for this track day change. You may not reschedule within 14 days on an event. Sessions will be held rain or shine.

Note:
The Mid-Ohio Motorcycle Riding School, Inc. reserves the right to dismiss any student from class who either cannot meet the objectives of the course or becomes a danger to his or her self, or anyone else during the course. There will be no refund of any kind issued in this case.

Official Press Release:

KTM North America and The Mid-Ohio School Announce Four ‘Arrive and Ride’ Dates at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for 2010

1/28/2010
MURRIETA, CA (January 28, 2010) – KTM, the official motorcycle of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and The Mid-Ohio School, will host four Race_Orange Track Day Experience sessions at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in 2010. The dates are April 26, April 27, July 7 and July 19.

Based on the success of the 2009 KTM Race_Orange Track Day Experience, the program was expanded to four events for 2010. The events are unique as KTM preps and provide motorcycles for each participant. Models available include the KTM 1190 RC8 R, 1190 RC8, 990 SMR and 690 Duke. The cost is an exceptional value at $275 which includes use of the KTM motorcycle, fuel, tires and track day fee. It is truly an ‘Arrive and Ride’ event.

The program serves two purposes; not only does it provide an opportunity for riders to get on track without the need to transport their bikes to the facility, but it also gives them a chance to ride the latest lineup of KTM street bikes.

“We are really excited that KTM and The Mid-Ohio School have expanded to four Race_Orange Track Day Experience sessions for 2010. This gives more enthusiasts the opportunity to burn laps on a ‘Ready to Race’ KTM motorcycle at a prestigious race track,” remarked John Hinz, Product Line Manager at KTM North America.

This is a premium event limited to 75 participants and all skill levels are welcome. Riders will be split into three groups riding in multiple 20-minute sessions throughout the day. The first two will be ‘sport’ groups, consisting of novice and intermediate riders and the final ‘super sport’ group will encompass advanced intermediate and expert participants.

“Last year’s KTM Race_Orange Track Day Experience format was a huge success for both KTM and The Mid-Ohio School. The 60 spots available on each date sold out within a week of the announcement, so we wanted to open it up to more riders this year. With room for 75 participants on each of four dates in 2010, this year should provide an even greater opportunity for riders from across the country,” said Steve Bidlack, director of The Mid-Ohio School.

KTM has been the official motorcycle of The Mid-Ohio School since 2008. For more information or to sign up for the KTM Race_Orange Track Day Experience at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, please visit www.midohioschool.com or call 877-793-8667.

KTM, founded in 1953, is the second largest European motorcycle manufacturer specializing in “Ready to Race” street and off-road motorcycles and ATVs. Proven successes in worldwide competition are embodied into the design and function of each KTM race machine. KTM has built a reputation for high-quality premium race ready machines suitable for street and off road race competition and recreation. With more than 160 World Championships and counting, the technology, design and performance of KTM continues to race past the competition time and again.

The Mid-Ohio School provides professional driving and riding instruction to drivers and motorcyclists of all skill levels. The school’s 16 automobile courses include Defensive Driving, High Performance and Racing. The motorcycle side features three Performance Track Riding formats. Students enjoy classroom sessions, skill drills, expert private instruction and lapping on the same track that challenges the world’s top racers. In 17 seasons, The Mid-Ohio School has 34,000 graduates, including 11,400 teenagers.

*Raises hand :shifty

I am registering for 7/19 (Mon). Will need to take 2 days off; Mid-Ohio is around 9 hours driving from Albany.

Very cool event man! :excited:excited:excited:excited:excited

I’m down for a large amount of reasons.

It’s dirty cheap.

Don’t have to bring my own.

I’m upset you didn’t get to go to skip barber open day.

I don’t have to ride or pack and prep my bike.

KTM FTMFW!

There goes my steering damper money…:lol

I can’t pass this up. A chance to ride the RC8R on the track and on a circuit I’ve been trying to get my hands on…:excited

I can’t pass this up either, it’s just too good.

I’ll need a new set of gloves and a helmet but I was going to get those either way.

I pray it doesn’t rain.

Out of curiosity, what’s the riders liability for the machines on days like that?

I’ll sign up soon before they sell out.

Not sure about the liability yet, I was sent a link to download a bunch of waivers but the link is not working as of now. May be it is due to the fact that they just announced the program like 5 hours ago…:lol

Why do you need new gloves? I am planning on getting a new lid anyway, but I need to get a back protector.

I wear right through my gloves yearly.

New lid is just due time, plus the wear and tear on the old one.

I’ll just steal my bros back protector :lol

Oh boy…

self reminder to get on this before there is no more room left.

If it’s not full already :frowning:

I would love to do this, but i wanna get my license first :frowning:

Wow that’s hella cheap!

Figures I’m at other tracks every single one of those dates. :banghead

I’ll try to call them up and find out the liability still.

I presume “you break it, you buy it” applies but I’d like to know for sure.

Any track whores want to share their experiences with events of this sort?

You break it you buy it is the cardinal, universal rule in cars so I presume its the same.

Edit: Scratch that, its “if it is somehow damaged while you are on it, you pay for it.”

another thing to add to the “i HAVE to do this ‘next year’” list :facepalm :rofl FML

The KTM waiver is really for street demo rides, which the rider will be responsible for damage in an accident or abuse.

u ride ? :eek

thats soo cheap, wow…

You guys have NO CLUE what you are missing…:excited:excited

$$$ is what we are missing :lol