KTM Race day at Mid-Ohio. Who's in?

Cliffs:
Mid-Ohio
Ride KTM bikes
$275 and you’ll get 4 sessions that will last about 20 minutes each.
Awesomeness

I’m actually thinking of doing 2. But we’ll see how the first goes. I think once I get a feel for the track again I’ll want to bring my own bike so that I can adjust to it instead of something foreign.

For anyone interested in doing track days, this is an excellent way to get your feet wet (or completely soaked) without risking your own bike. All you need to do is show up with the proper gear and a license. No buying tires or gas. No worrying about maintenance. Just a good time. They seem to set it up like a regular track day with Novice-Intermediate-Advance groups so you can go where you’re most comfortable. I would think that the Novice group is split up further by experience where the fastest group will be lapping the slowest each session. But again, it’s where YOU are most comfortable. You can always move throughout novice as the day goes on.

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/KTM-Race_Orange-Fly-and-Ride-Program

Who’s in?

what type of ktm’s

edit- i clicked the link, this looks like a blast

Yeah. Cool bikes.

RC8 is one of them.
http://astonishingbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ktm-rc8-450x318.jpg

I really hope I can swing this but we’ll see.

edit- Maybe I missed this but wasn’t there an option to rent leathers for the day last year? I knew I should not have sold my gear.

I did this last year, It wasn’t terribly bad, Not a huge fan of the bikes, aesthetically they are amazing but they felt pretty slow and vibrated a ton. I just rode the RC8 i didn’t bother to take the RC8R out at all. They also have the super duke and the supermoto which were pretty cool bikes. We got 5 sessions at about 20mins per. They rent suits too you just need over the ankle boots and gauntlet gloves and a DOT helmet.

Chris(Motocrossx23) and I did this and we stayed at a motel about 2-3 miles away from the track. It was a pretty fun weekend. I would really reccommend going during the Honda Super Cycle weekend racing event if they have it at the same time next year in late July. It was awesome!

I cam track day a 990 SMR!?!?! Gun shopping is off time to save up for my trip to the ER

This was a great time :tup: just don’t crash it lol.

The RC8 felt super nimble but my god…if you weren’t in the powerband all you made was noise and vibration.

yea what happens then?

You pay a deductible i think its like $500. A guy crashed an RC8 first session first lap on the chicane :facepalm:

Yeah lol, and then following that…4 other people decided to slow, look, lean…OH SHIT, throttle in the grass/kitty litter.

Tim and Chris what level did you guys register under? I’m guessing I should do novice since this would be my first but just wanted to see what you guys did.

Novice was plenty enough for me, on my own bike I’d have ran a higher class but considering it’s a new bike and unfamiliar track you’re better off starting at novice and switching if you need to.

They do 5 different groups of each class, 1 being the slowest and 5 being the fastest. Tim and I ran in the 4-5 groups the whole day and still ripped pretty hard.

Good to know, thanks!

Also, word of warning: you won’t have fun riding on the street ever again. Lol