Took an AutoX ride in a R32 this weekend...

And I must say I was pretty impressed. It pulled harder than I expected and felt very balanced. I expected a lot more push. It was the driver’s first AutoX though he was doing very well for a beginner. The seats are super fucking nice and the brakes felt great. He was on street tires (he just put some nice new tires on there, much better than the stockers) and bone stock. Nice car.

For the $ the Evos and STIs were still kicking ass though. But actually the fastest street Camaro (we won’t even compare the CP Camaro since it is more or less a race car) was still faster than the fastest Evo I saw (which was faster than the Subis) and the Camaro was “just” a ESP car (meaning it has some suspension work but not a whole lot, and just has a lid and exhaust motor-wise) btw. I think the fastest true street car though was a super nice E46 M3. It was nutter butter. The guys running it were nuts too, between every run they’d be under it adjusting the sway bars and shocks! Actually a couple of the Z06s might have been faster… and they were more or less stock!!!

But anyway, back on topic. The R32 ran about the same times as my buddy in his bone stock SS (also a rookie and also on Street Tires). I’d say the R32 driver was doing a little better, but not to take anything away from the car.

-TJ

r32’s are nice… toss a chip on it and you can pull a 14.0 around 100… not terrible.

sweet

when u say r-32…u mean skyline correct??

vw :spank:

I thought R-34 was the skyline model number.

-j

For the most recent model years, the previous bodystle was R33 and the early 90s was r32.

oh ya i forgot about those…those are nice!!!

Sorry. VW R32.

-TJ