Took some pictures today......

[quote=“MicaH,post:36,topic:38107"”]

what r u talkin about ? i’ve never heard that

[/quote]

i mean take a picture of a few shades of blue, without filters etc, and youll notice that blue isnt true to the actual shade… if youre taking lanscape photography, blue from the sky and water tends to case a slight blue hue over everything in the pic, so you have to adjust color/white balance to make the colors true. take a picture of a leaf with sun shining on it, youll notice that the greens are more vivid than in real like, so while this may make a nice photograph, artsy, interesting whatever, its just not real, and its kind of nice when youre taking pictures of people for them to look accurate, it doesnt really matter if youre going to chop everything in photoshop or make it b&w, but color bias is important in other respects…

bottom line, its a well known fact that nikon has a blue color bias, just like certain sony models suck at warm tones

[quote=“BluBalls,post:39,topic:38107"”]

you need a natural dencity filter for the water shots… I took a few over the weekend I’ll post up.

[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing them.

[quote=“speedracer329,post:41,topic:38107"”]

i mean take a picture of a few shades of blue, without filters etc, and youll notice that blue isnt true to the actual shade… if youre taking lanscape photography, blue from the sky and water tends to case a slight blue hue over everything in the pic, so you have to adjust color/white balance to make the colors true. take a picture of a leaf with sun shining on it, youll notice that the greens are more vivid than in real like, so while this may make a nice photograph, artsy, interesting whatever, its just not real, and its kind of nice when youre taking pictures of people for them to look accurate, it doesnt really matter if youre going to chop everything in photoshop or make it b&w, but color bias is important in other respects…

bottom line, its a well known fact that nikon has a blue color bias, just like certain sony models suck at warm tones

[/quote]

yea regardless of which brand has their misc color faults, the white balance adjustment is a necessity for any camera in most environments

my vermont trip: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39960

[quote=“BluBalls,post:44,topic:38107"”]

my vermont trip: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39960

[/quote]

um…am i missing something? Where are the pics?

[quote=“Marcus,post:45,topic:38107"”]

um…am i missing something? Where are the pics?

[/quote]

his pix are on flickr, and ingram blocks flickr ugh

[quote=“MicaH,post:46,topic:38107"”]

his pix are on flickr, and ingram blocks flickr ugh

[/quote]

Shitty. I will check em out when I get home.

Just bought this…dont need anything expensive…not sure what the differences are between pricy ones and cheap ones. Should do the job for now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AMT%3A11&viewitem=&item=280169398219

just about any tripod should work… it just sucks when the wind is able to blow the camera because it’s flimsey.

[quote=“MicaH,post:43,topic:38107"”]

yea regardless of which brand has their misc color faults, the white balance adjustment is a necessity for any camera in most environments

[/quote]

agreed… some times its annoying, but then again i tend to take like 15shots of a single scene with different settings, i guess thats the beauty of photography… oh and i love the nikons they take a little bit of input to learn every feature on them, but its a well stocked toolbox at your fingertips… :wink: