tool question

How the hell do torque bars, for tightening wheel lugs, work?

My understanding is that the torque stick is designed with a given torsional stiffness so that it twists enough at the desired torque that a load no greater than the desired torque is transmitted to the lug nut between the pulses of the impact wrench.

The stick unloads during each pulse of the impact gun, so if you used the stick with a breaker bar you could then exceed the torque rating of the stick since it would be a static load. Or you might break the stick.

:blue:

Damn, that makes sense. Almost to simple really.

i just wrap my cock around the lugnuts and then think of Jessica Alba in the nude. Haven’t had a wheel fall off yet.

fuck it just gun em on :rofl:

Normally how I do it, but this was a 2 hour conversion at work the other day, that led into anoth 3 hours looking for an awnser on the net.

Everything seems more amusing when you’re at work. :slight_smile:

Like the small grass fire today from a transformer that blew. There were 6 people staring out the window in my office. I tried to get someone to go out with me to stamp it out but I think everyone just wanted to wait to watch the fire truck.

Guy at work bought a ridiculous powerful snap-on gun and let another guy use it, didn’t use a torque stick and broke the stud off…guys an idiot lol

:rofl:
I’ve seen the same thing out at southpointe… someone tossed a smoke on some old dried up mulch on a really hot day and the hillside caught fire, there were little flames for about a half hour and alot of smoke. people were coming out of their offices just watching it, probably a crowd of about a dozen or so people lol. one guy even tried putting it out with his aquafina :bowrofl: after about 45mins a janitor pulled a hose out and hosed it off

oh man when i worked maintanance in southpointe we see some nice brush fires. what you gotta be careful of is not only is it dry in the summer but the ground cover will get bee’s nests in them and sometimes landscapers(read mexicans) will dump gasoline down the holes. someone throws down a cigerette and you’ve got a problem