Top 10 resale brands

so are you better to be #1 worst or #10?

JEEP’s defenelty hold thier value better than kia’s who the hell had thier head up thier ass?

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:20,topic:38808"”]

nope. If you put any of those cars on our lots they will absolutely sell before any other car on the lot. In the Northeats region GM cars are the vast majority. just because you drive a foriegn car doesn’t mean everyone else does. even our ford store sells as many GM cars used as they do Ford.
Why do you think there are 14 Chevy dealers in erie county not including all of the other GM franchises? add up the Nissan, Honda and toyota stores and you will be about 14 stores TOGETHER.

[/quote]

just because they sell quickly doesn’t mean they have the best resale VALUE. :bloated:

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:20,topic:38808"”]

nope. If you put any of those cars on our lots they will absolutely sell before any other car on the lot. In the Northeats region GM cars are the vast majority. just because you drive a foriegn car doesn’t mean everyone else does. even our ford store sells as many GM cars used as they do Ford.
Why do you think there are 14 Chevy dealers in erie county not including all of the other GM franchises? add up the Nissan, Honda and toyota stores and you will be about 14 stores TOGETHER.

[/quote]

If I put a used honda accord in the paper I guarentee it will get over 10x more calls than a similar used taurus. The fact is that used domestics are in plentyful supply in this area which I equate to the two manufactering plants for Ford and GM in the area. There are alot of people who work for Ford and GM here or have family who work for them so the deals are too good to pass up. Buying a car on A-Plan or GMS pricing makes buying anything else look like a rip off.

So its a basic supply and demand equation in this area, there is a huge supply of used ford taurus to choose from, but only a very small amount of honda accords. So high demand will lower resale values of these domestics and drive up the prices of the scarce imports.

Hey I dont just drive foreign cars, I had a ranger I bought on a-plan through my uncle that works for Ford. It saved me a ton of money, and was a great deal. I was also recently looking for a decent used car, and a taurus was at the top of my list. Not because it has good resale, because it doesnt. You can pick up a taurus around here so cheap its a good deal for the buyer, not the seller.

we have an 06 taurus on our lot with 20k and were askin 12,999. They are dirt chep :rofl:

Vette has good resale, that’s good to know.

X…

[quote=“Xander,post:26,topic:38808"”]

Vette has good resale, that’s good to know.

X…

[/quote]

always will, particularly a zedohsix.

I can see rare vettes having good resale (old ones, z06’s). Cant see all the base autos having ANY resale personally. Since they are almost as common as the v6 auto mustangs.

[quote=“Djs87,post:28,topic:38808"”]

I can see rare vettes having good resale (old ones, z06’s). Cant see all the base autos having ANY resale personally. Since they are almost as common as the v6 auto mustangs.

[/quote]

Jaegermeister’s brother sold a 10 year old one with 100K on it for almost 1/2 the new purchase price, it’s say that’s pretty decent.

Keep in mind there will allways be old men looking for midlife crisis cars. :wink:

X…

[quote=“POOPRA,post:24,topic:38808"”]

If I put a used honda accord in the paper I guarentee it will get over 10x more calls than a similar used taurus. The fact is that used domestics are in plentyful supply in this area which I equate to the two manufactering plants for Ford and GM in the area. There are alot of people who work for Ford and GM here or have family who work for them so the deals are too good to pass up. Buying a car on A-Plan or GMS pricing makes buying anything else look like a rip off.

So its a basic supply and demand equation in this area, there is a huge supply of used ford taurus to choose from, but only a very small amount of honda accords. So high demand will lower resale values of these domestics and drive up the prices of the scarce imports.

Hey I dont just drive foreign cars, I had a ranger I bought on a-plan through my uncle that works for Ford. It saved me a ton of money, and was a great deal. I was also recently looking for a decent used car, and a taurus was at the top of my list. Not because it has good resale, because it doesnt. You can pick up a taurus around here so cheap its a good deal for the buyer, not the seller.

[/quote]

you’re right. I’m talking about quantity and your talking about dollars.

I’m a little retarded the last 2 days because we have a customer who took delivery of a $36,000 Silverado and gave us a check, then took it back when the salesman got up from his desk to get something and hasn’t paid us yet. So I’m either going to get my truck back, the $$, or I’m going to kill the little piece of shit because I’m not gonna eat $36,000!!!

Suby’s hold their value well because noone gives them up once they have them.

I know my Legacy outback is being driven until she’s completely dead. LOVE that car.

Best models…
Vette

Ha best model ever, I so win every race ever.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:31,topic:38808"”]

Suby’s hold their value well because noone gives them up once they have them.

I know my Legacy outback is being driven until she’s completely dead. LOVE that car.

[/quote]

:tup:

Hondas and toyotas have the best resale here…