Top 10 resale brands

Got this from an article in THE WALL STREET JOURNAL.
According to Kelley Blue Book…

1. VW
  2. BMW
  3. Acura
  4. Honda
  5. Porsche
  6. Subaru
  7. Lexus
  8. Ininiti
  9. Audi
  10. Toyota

Worst…

1. Suzuki
  2. Kia
  3. GMC
  4. Mercury
  5. Dodge
  6. Chrysler
  7. Lincoln’
  8. Jeep
  9. Ford
  10. Jaguar

Best models…
Vette
xB
Civic
Corolla
G37
Eos
Cooper
Jetta
TC
Rabbit

No wonders I couldnt sell the Supra…stupid Toyota.

VW, ha.

Hondas have the best resale around here

http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emlove.gif VOLKSWAGEN

how does BMW nail the # 2 position in brand, but not have acar in the top 10…

import > domestic ?

How is the G37 a top resale vehicle?
How long has it been out?

wtf is a Eos??? Am I really that out of the loop these days

[quote=“Toda Party,post:9,topic:38808"”]

wtf is a Eos??? Am I really that out of the loop these days

[/quote]

new VW carbriolet, basically a convertible golf/jetta hardtop convertible

Of course G37’s are tops in resale. I dare you to even find a used one for sale.

[quote=“Fry,post:11,topic:38808"”]

Of course G37’s are tops in resale. I dare you to even find a used one for sale.

[/quote]

I found 14 on autotrader:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=&search_lang=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=used&distance=0&address=14031&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=INFIN&model=G37&make2=&start_year=2000&end_year=2008&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=1195156474910

Plus again how long have they been out?

Thats like saying a Ford GT should be on that list, limited supply and high demand

these numbers are also NATIONAL not LOCAL so they are going to be a little off

My picks:

1. Impala
  2. Silverado/Sierra
  3. Taurus (not the SHO’s, the tan old lady cars)

All I care is that subaru is #1 in the north east… try to find any other import that msrp’d at $18000 or less with 200,000 miles that now goes for $2000

[quote=“BigRon,post:12,topic:38808"”]

I found 14 on autotrader:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=&search_lang=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=used&distance=0&address=14031&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=INFIN&model=G37&make2=&start_year=2000&end_year=2008&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=1195156474910

Plus again how long have they been out?

Thats like saying a Ford GT should be on that list, limited supply and high demand

[/quote]

Well you see, the thing is: I’m a jackass. Thought it was a G35 typo. Didn’t know there was a G37. :sword:

VW’s have nice resale.My jetta needed $500-$800 in little things and it still brought more than I paid for it.:smiley:

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:13,topic:38808"”]

these numbers are also NATIONAL not LOCAL so they are going to be a little off

My picks:

1. Impala
  2. Silverado/Sierra
  3. Taurus (not the SHO’s, the tan old lady cars)

[/quote]

Your kidding right?

Yay, mine is on the list. Too bad I dumped money into it and don’t want to sell yet :frowning:

nope. If you put any of those cars on our lots they will absolutely sell before any other car on the lot. In the Northeats region GM cars are the vast majority. just because you drive a foriegn car doesn’t mean everyone else does. even our ford store sells as many GM cars used as they do Ford.

Why do you think there are 14 Chevy dealers in erie county not including all of the other GM franchises? add up the Nissan, Honda and toyota stores and you will be about 14 stores TOGETHER.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:17,topic:38808"”]

Your kidding right?

[/quote]

nope. If you put any of those cars on our lots they will absolutely sell before any other car on the lot. In the Northeats region GM cars are the vast majority. just because you drive a foriegn car doesn’t mean everyone else does. even our ford store sells as many GM cars used as they do Ford.
Why do you think there are 14 Chevy dealers in erie county not including all of the other GM franchises? add up the Nissan, Honda and toyota stores and you will be about 14 stores TOGETHER.