Top 5 Hated Bands?

when i read the title first thought that came to mind was nickelbac and to my enjoyment that was on the thread creators list!!!

i absolutley HATE them with a passion. any time i hear them while im in my car i want to pull my stearing wheel as hard as i can either way and crash into a wall

1. CREED
  2. Pearl Jam
  3. Fall Out Boy (psudeo emo. most people don’t even know that emo died out years ago)
  4. 50 Cent and all his slack-jawed fat-cat cronies. actually all commercial rap for that matter.
  5. Nickelback (tie)
  6. Metallica post long hair (tie)

and to poster above who said any rap released after '91, are you not aware that some of the best hip-hop records ever dropped came after '91?

1992:
the chronic - dr. dre
can i borrow a dollar? - common
sex and violence - Boogie down productions
mecca and the soul brother - pete rock and CL smooth

1993:
midnight marauders - a tribe called quest
return of the boom bap - KRS-One
the four horsemen - ultramagnetic MCs
bacdafucup - onyx
buloone mind state - de la soul
enter the wu-tang - wu-tang

1994 (aka, maybe the best and last solid year for hip-hop)
Illmatic - nas (his only good record)
ready to die - biggie smalls (his best)
self titled - the beatnuts
tical - method man (his best)
6 feet deep (aka niggamortis) - gravediggaz
ressurection - common (mind blowingly good)
southernplayalisticadillacmuzik- outkast (one of the few non-retarded southern rap acts)
ill communication - beastie boys (their best)
stress the extinction agenda - organized konfusion
hard to earn - gangstarr (their best)

then it just kinda falls off after the climax (i’m not suggesting that these following records aren’t great, they just start becoming sparse).

1995:
only built for cuban linx - raekwon (best hip-hop album ever? maybe)
liquid swords - the genius (my favorite wu album)
return to the 36 chambers: the dirty version - ODB
self titled - KRS-One

1996:
resonable doubt - jay-z
ironman - ghostface
ATLiens - outkast
stakes is high - de la soul
all eyez on me - 2pac

1997:
life after death - biggie smalls
wu-tang forever - the wu (another masterpiece)

rap pretty much sucks after that. i could name my favorite recent hip-hop records, but i have to go to bed.

:slight_smile:

um anything rap and hip-hop because they all suck lol

Some of those are good, but Dr. Dre < NWA, Midnight Marauders < Low End Theory and People’s Instinctive Travels, and Ill Communication < Pauls Boutique and Check Your Head.

1991 is just a year I remember because it was the last time Public Enemy released a good album, and Public Enemy > *

Did I forget to mention how much I hate Green Day? Fucking mascara wearing homo sounding like he always has a cold. FUCKING BLOW YOUR FUCKING NOSE ASSHOLE OR STOP SNORTING ALL THAT COKE!

R & B bullshit, U2, BMB, Metallica (mandatory metallica was the worst idea ever), and so many others that i just can’t think to put it all together.

1.DMB
2. Rusted Root
3. Tragically Hip
4. Phish
5. All those gay fucking College Hippie ass want to be bands bands like above.

May all their tour busses collide at once and burst into flames…

Oh and any group thats like on Kiss 98.5…

lol lots of rush hate here,what did getty lee ever do to anyone? LOL
Neil Pert is an amazing drummer.

1.Marylin Manson
2.Pop Music
3.Nickleback,Creed,Puddle of mudd (they are all in the same class and count as 1)
4.Rap (most of it)
5.Audioslave
6.Nirvana

Alot of classic rock bands that I like constantly get played and it really really pisses me off.AC/DC is wayyyyyy overplayed,I dont hate them but i’ve definitely heard enough of them for the next few years.

I get so sick of the same shit on the radio now that I turn it on classical and I enjoy it because its something new for a change.

DMB
U2
new shitty mainstream country
pretty much all rap
douschebag sellout bands

1. Boy/Girl Bands (they can all go to hell)
  2. Most Rap
  3. Fall out Boy
  4. DMB
  5. Kiss 98.5 (Thanks for the idea JaysGreenLX)

Wow, MonteCarloChick hating on the oldies and goodies… you must love what everyone else on here hates…

Not at all… I just thought I’d post something different, rather than repeating the same thing.

That’s cool… that was the point of this thread after all :slight_smile:

mos def - black on both sides
talib kwali and dj hi tek - reflection eternal/train of thought
my 2 favorites of the last few years…

monte carlo chick hates the beatles. wow thats retarded. who hates the beatles???

oh wait. you like country. nevermind.

1. anything emo…
  2. DMB
  3. U2 (ESPECIALLY sunday bloody sunday)
  4. anything “gangsta” rap, except for NWA
  5. all country, except for Johnny Cash (if you wanna call him coutry…)

I definately cant narrow it down to individual bands…if I dislike it, it probably isnt because of just one band (although stuff like DMB/U2 and any boy bands get annoying) so:

1. anything emo
  2. anything country
  3. anything pop
  4. most techno
  5. anything that is supposed to be soothing, calming, easy listening, soft rock etc

Do people dislike Luda/Eminem and Metallica/Slipknot/Godsmack because they dont like the genre or the person/band? Because I could pretty much live off of the CDs of those, I dont see the problem with them individually.

i can see why alot of people “hate” these bands. i mean the strong feelings must come from somethng each one of these bands did to you while you sat there and tried to listen to their music. no but really, it seems like alot of people hate the maintstream powerhouse (for lack of a better word) bands. i can see that totally, alot of the bands who last a while and go through generations become sell-outs in peoples eyes because they reinvent themselves each decade to sell another set of albums.

i am just not picky about music. i listen to everything and to say i hate one band and not the other would be hypocritical. there is some stuff thats too hard for me (death metal where i cant understand any of the words), and some of the new music that my roomate would call emo just isnt my thing, but sure enough when they played it at a bar this weekend i was at least bobbing my head.

that being said i see alot of people “hate” u2. i dont hate the band. i used to not care for them, except their older stuff from the 80’s and even then they werent a favorite. it is bono i really dont like. dudes got a big mouth, and he should just be singing with it. but i saw them in concert, it it pretty much kicked ass. they at least put on a good show.

I’m surprised at the Metallica hate. I still like them.

Jon
DIAF for not liking Nirvana. J/k

I don’t hate Metallica, but I do hate their last few attempts at music.

I’m sure there’s millions more who hate them. :bday:

+1

1. The Beatles
  2. Oasis
    3.Savage Garden
  3. Uncle Kracker
  4. Cranberries

oh and Justin Timberlake.