Top Gear's Cheap coupes that ARNT porsches

First half. And someone found a 1990 starion :stuck_out_tongue:

Watch it

FUCKING FUNNY

I laughed my ass off.

Fucking Clarkeson. (Grandfather of)DSM would’ve won outright if he would have just left it stock, or installed an intercooler :frowning:

Main rule for owning a japanese import- DONT MOD IT

:lol:

They are factory intercooled.

I know that. Clarkeson installed a bigger turbo just before the 4hr enduro race, and turned up the boost. Cooked the intercooler and the engine after. Did you look at the video? :shrug:

The video has been on my hard drive for almost a year now. The video is old news on the Starquest Forums…

How do you cook an intercooler? Just like any Starquest with age and miles, the cooling system goes to shit relatively quickly, and after running an enduro race like that, with a larger turbo, the radiator just couldn’t keep up with the cooling. The radiator blew at the end.

I installed a brand new radiator in my Starquest in spring. Car didn’t touch 1/2, on the hottest days we had this summer. Even when I was in Tennessee. The cooling system is crucial on ANY turbo car, for this matter.

You cook an intercooler by going beyond it’s capacity i.e. heatsoak. Not a difficult thing to do if you just slap a big turbo on the car and don’t change anything else. Regarding the radiator, how small or thin is the stock radiator compared to what you installed on your Conquest to replace it?

hes asleep

he replaced it with a new stock radiator

and IMHO those fuckers are thin. tall and wide tho, but thin

saw this a long time ago…great episode

:word: <3 top gear

starion intercoolers should be able to handle that quite well actually. they do a decent job. the cooling system on those cars blows. All you really need is a direct drive fan running off of the water pump :wink:

i watched that and the $100 car challenge. funny shit.

I rofled at he car that won the reliability Contest.

Part 3

Part 4

Thanks for making my night :smiley:

still the best top gear episode

:word:

That was pretty damn funny. Yet in a way kind of sweet.

:word: lol