Need help finding a IC upgrade

I am looked to get a better IC for my 944 turbo. I wanter to get the speedforceracing IC(http://speedforceracing.com/productsporsche_intercoolerupgrades.php), but right now after spending 2400 on clutch parts and other misc parts to get my car running again I cant afford it. I have read about the starion IC and having the I/O modified to be like the speedforce one. How efficient is the starion IC? Is there another IC from a stock turbo car that would work and I could pick up for a decent price?

anyone have a idea about something?

sometimes it takes people longer than 45 minutes to respond, especially on a generic board like this. however there is another 944 turbo ( 951? ) on the board who can probably help you. hopefull he will chime in

I dont know how well the Starion works specifically for your application but it is probably the most bastardized fitting on everything IC in the world for whatever thats worth.

Tim, I cant remember how much Tim @ SpeedForce’s setup is, but you can do something similar for around $300. A big Evo Intercooler and some Mandrel bends from Summit will do the trick.

word^ you could pick up a nice stock evo 8 IC for real cheap :tup:
You can look for one here: www.evolutionm.net

Jeller

flow rates on the starion are ok, but ive seen better
your best bet would be tryin to get one from an evo

Old Volvo intercooler, there supose to be huge and mad effiecient but i know nothing

Anyone know the size of the evolution 8 intercooler

Call hybrid. They will definitely know.

I went on that site and it definetily has them for cheap but I cant post in the FS section without 50 posts it says?

Yeah, but you could pm someone if you find one. If you need a thread started, let me know, I could do it for you and ask that they post in the thread only. or go through the different forums and give out 50 :tups: to get the posts you need.

Jeller

I think the EVO 8 intercooler is too big height wise, you need somthing narrower, you best bet would be a cheap one off ebay somthing like 26X8, or even try a old thunderbird intercooler.

I dont think you have a clue as to what you are talking about, especially since I’ve played with an Evo 8 intercooler and I own the same car as Tim.

Actually I have a 944S also so i do know what i’m talking about, no i havn’t tryed the Evo8 intercooler but i was just putting my 2 cents in i’m sorry

Ive measured it up actually and it will fit just a little bit of trimming on the bumper and the support and it will go in. Though it takes the whole front bumper up from the undertray to almost the bottom of the header panel.

Seeing as how the bodywork and arrangement of coolers on the front is completely different from a 944S to a 944 Turbo, you dont have a clue. However, do you have a spare cylinder head you’d like to sell?
:slight_smile: