topsecuritypage.com - stupid adware/spyware

everytime I fire up Internet explorer it goes to this page, no matter how mnay times i set my default page to something else. anyone have any good free anti-spyware pages?

better pm xlogic. he’s very reasonable

i got my cracked norton 2006 with over 3000 subscription days…

NEVER had a problem with spyware and all that junk. spybot and adaware i tried and didnt do jack shit… after installing norton and updating windows it found like 36 spyware things and got rid of them all, havent had a problem yet.
I PM’d ya about the norton if you want it

jon, go to trendmirco.com and scan with housecall

if this comes up after shutdown and reboot,
hit f8 and go into dos and scan with everything you have there
try to bring up trendmicro there and scan as well

reboot and see if that dont help you out

ps im assuming you have (adaware se) and (spybot s&d)

I think you have been fucking your hand!

that is the exact problem i had with mine. Mine happened when i downloaded a file from myspace.

And Xlogic DID in fact fix it.

thanks for the good word guys. Spyware removal tools NEVER remove everything…some things embed themselves deep in the system and can’t be deleted the traidition way that removal programs do it. If you run those tools and still have problems PM me…i’ll be glad to help a fellow board member

on a side note
,xlogic helped me clean up and get a decent operating use out of an old laptop that was a 4th person hand me down.

thanks buddy:bigthumb:

Theres always windows restore point. Always seemed to work for me with some spyware.

You could google it, most of the time there are some easy fixes posted on anti spyware sites.

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

Just had this same problem on a computer I am fixing and the above link fixed this particular spyware, which was giving me troubles as well.

stop using internet explorer? I dont run spybot or adaware. After using Firefox for about a year I gave up because they NEVER found anything. i dont use any anti-virus program either.

x2. I only have McAfee on the new PC because it came with it.

Firefox for life.

x3

same hurrrrr

I use both IE and firefox. I do have antivirus but it never found anything. I have no problem with spyware. Being smart has more to do with not getting the shit than which browser you choose. IE is still a better browser than firefox IMO.

I normally use Firefox, but i accidently opened IE the other day and it was all fucked up. Even though I never use IE, I still dont want that shit spyware on my pc.

:bigok: Worked awesome!

john is the man

same here, but i scan sometimes with ad-aware.

anti-virus just uses system resources