Torn Between

i’d go for the srt-4

something inside for some reason likes them lol

1g. Mine was busted as shit, and FWD but damn was it a fun fucking car.

And remember, once a neon always a neon.

If you trust the builder of the DSM I’d go that route.

That being said, there aren’t a lot of people I would trust to build a 500 hp DSM. Make sure you pick up a good pair of shoes since you might be walking a lot.

I’d rather walk than drive an SRT-4 though. FWD FTL.

QFT

I am just a stickler for having a newer car with (hopefully) fewer issues

I just wouldn’t enjoy a car that is likely to have a downtime

DSM stands for downtime.

i have an 04 srt4 stg1, always had a thing for them so i got one for a winter car, it’s nice, it is what it is you know, reliable power for cheap price(talking about newer DD type cars), but dont act like DSM’s are sooo cool compared to neons, i mean talon/eclipse…aren’t they as much of girl cars as neons?, i used to have a thing for 1gs(at least they aren’t all bubble shaped with no good lines like the neon and 2g) and then fast and the furious came out and everyone put a body kit on on their 2g. plus if the dsm is 3k less than an srt-4 that sounds like a little to much, unless it’s what you really want for a long term project.

buy talon and buy a 3K civic…

fwd is never the way to go for fun.

neon

I agree with you on a lot of this, the SRT is a really fun car for what it is. I didn’t like them all too much until I got a ride in one at school in Rochester, really impressed me. The 1g on the other hand, if it was built correctly and is a good straight car is almost superior for his wants/needs based on his post. AWD is hands down better than FWD. If well maintained and he isn’t always in boost I see no reason for the TSi to be broken often. While both are really pretty nice cars, I think the Talon would suit his wants and needs more so than the neon will.

Can you handle a turboed 500 wheel horse car?

MY EXACT THOUGHT PROCESS… besides i bet a 400 hp dsm has much less life and has been beat on exponentially more times than the srt-4

I used to have an eclipse and a talon…both turbo but not built up much…I currently have an 04 SRT-4 and though the DSMs were fun at the time…they did not last and the SRT is a blast to drive. for the price and the fact that it’s a relatively newer car means alot less maintence and then you can build the car yourself. Looks wise…I miss my 2nd gen eclipse…but my SRT is just as fun to drive and there are plenty of mods available if you want it to go faster!!!

SRT for reliability.

you can have both though… get the talon and and older turbododge. just as fast as an SRT. i toast stock and mildly modded SRT’s with a TD powered k car. when running 14 psi I am dead even with a SRT on the highway.

Brian

last time I was messing aroudn on ebay, srt4 are still like 12-15 depending on years. that means this DSM is like 9-12K unless you found a sick deal on a SRT4???

its around 10k and has about 65+ k and thats the srt

srt-4would be more reliable, and the dsm is already done up the other guys way theres nothing to touch on it, if something goes youll be wasting time doing whatever it is, srt breaks which mostly it wont its pretty much stock besides a wastegate and some injectors

but at the same time again with the last thread regarding a dsm vs an evo

chrysler went wrong giving it 4 doors, thats why i am building my 2 door, but to each his own

2 door > 4 door

ps. deathproof, winter car?? lol i wish i could do that, i went into your profile to see what your summer ride was, i was suprised you only pulled a 13.9 in the cobra? your srt4 does that stock

SRT4 will be worth more when you want to sell.

Let me see this dsm…

as long as you sell it before it become 18 years old, no shit lets compare apples to oranges? Im a DSM’r we all know what im going to say, its all been said before me anyways, but just my 2cents… a dsm with 400 bolt on horse power VERY unreliable, but 400 hp on a built motor is not that big of a deal granted im only 320 my motor is still very strong and i beat on it at every stop sign, light, and glance i get! my only regret is having FWD, it sucks a 400 hp 1g will be an 11 sec car and a freaking blast to drive on the weekends, no doubt in my mind on what to get.

it’s a 98 cobra, they aren’t supercharged like 03/04’s but the block is aluminum not iron so i’m building the car for handling for now.