what do you guys think about SRT-4's

i just wanted to get some thoughts about those cars, i been thinking about getting one.
some of the questions i got:
how much power can you make with the stock turbo?
how much power can the motor handel with a big turbo?
what is the weakest point in this cars when your shooting for 450whp?
would you buy one? why or why not

I like them alot,very good potential. talk to jimp

Their exhaust sounds cool that’s about it. The only one I like is Jim P2001’s SRT.
Good luck on 450whp :rofl
JimP2001 went like 12.4 @ 112 on the stock turbo. All the other ones I’ve seen at LVD are dogs.

Paging Jim

If I remember right '04’s are the ones to stay away from because they dont have as good of a differential.

One thing thats kinda shitty about all Neons is that even with power windows only the fronts are power and the rears still have cranks.

Check out www.neons.org

i been looking around on the forums and alot of people come close to 400whp with 50trims. im sure 50whp more whp could be pulled out of a bigger turbo.

I’m sure a sticky on an SRT-4 forum will cover all of that and more.

Gay unless you’re Jim.

^ Sums it up!

Truth

Its still a POS thou

I always thought they were alright. I kinda wish I had bought one for a dd back when I wanted a new car back in '05 but they were too new and expensive back then.

I sometimes miss the '96 Neon I had. Good little shitbox with a decent amount of power for what it was.

they are alright i guess. I had a lot of fun with mine. I most likely wouldn’t buy a used one because they are almost all beat to shit. If you do buy one get a 04-up because it came with the lsd. Bought my 2004 new in the spring of 04 and sold it in the fall/winter of 04 HA!

you can make around 500whp on the stock block… bigger injectors and turbo are obviously needed. look up darrel cox racing for alot of the specifics.

No other option except buying a used one since they stopped making them in '05.

Right, thats why i wouldn’t personally buy one. all used up

learn how to drive it before you mod it. nothing funnier then modded ones running slower then stock times all the time.

but jim gay anyways

I drove one once…the clutch on the thing was unreal. I couldn’t stall it if I tried. Pretty snappy car, but nothing overly amazing. In the end, its a Dodge.

They are fwd and have four doors. I don’t care how much hp they have. I would never buy one. Ever

FWD (pray for the LSD) and torque = sucks

But, for the money, it’s hard to find a better deal. They sound really nice and have a semi aggressive look.

Unfortunately, they are Neons, typically driven by teens, FWD, dead platform, shitty interior, shoddy build quality, etc.

But, the price is right.

I’ve also rarely seen one that moves. I hear all the stories though. :lol: