what do you guys think about SRT-4's

Ive seen several in the 12’s and even one or two in the 11’s at LVD

I’ve never seen one in the 11’s at LVD…Buncha 13 second warriors with the occasional 12.8-12.9…then Jim goes and shows them all up with his low 12’s on stock turbo :rofl

I swear a white one from CT broke the 11’s.

Oh maybe, I’ve never seen a white one there. Red, black, and orange seem to be the common color

I think it was the guy from CT with all the Mitsubishis girlfriend. It was a few years ago when I used to go just about every Wednesday

Oh, the 11 second SRT-4 unicorn. I’ve seen a few in the 12s. I laugh while they swaped their tires for full out drags. :lol:

yea, i think thats turbo tony’s GF.

half shaft? and the car hops like hell during hard launch; yet I have zero experience with mine going straight, only with autox and trackday.

The car has great torque but the steering is too slow especially for autox. car sits relatively height in stock trim which induce quite a bit of body roll under high lateral. Transmission is very notchy, cause it is basically a truck/van transmission.

lol!

Jims car moves out.

most people i have known with them have lost their license, or totaled the shit out of it haha… but other than that they are sick

A good platform to make some good power

personally i dont like em. its jsut a fast neon, is all.

Garbage

04 is the year to have. I went 12.24 at 112 on the stock turbo. Not to give myself a big head or anything, but you have to be able to drive the wheels off the thing to get a good pass. You can safely make about 450-500whp on the stock rods. You have to get rid of the balance shafts though (the chain tends to snap around 375). PM me with any questions. I’ve done tons of research on them.

I like them, great bang for the buck. I actually was thinking about selling my mustang for a RSX type-s or SRT-4 but I couldnt pull the trigger on the deal, like my mustang too much. Personally though i think the SRT’s exhaust sounds terrible.

ehhh

its a neon

also OP, I thought you hated American cars, yet you want to buy a Neon???

have you considered the cobalt ss?

When we ran out srt-4 world challenge car, I actually met one of the engineers that spent a long time at dodge working on that car. Its a strong well built platform, but like others said watch out for beat ass used ones. Idiotic kids ruin things more often then not.