what do you guys think about SRT-4's

That car has A LOT of import in it.

hows that??

relatively high power, relatively high potential, sporty FWD 4 cyl?

RSX
Civic Si
Sentra SER
Celica GTS
Mazda Speed 3

etc etc etc

Not at all, I think Shawn was saying there’s a lot of import parts in a Dodge Neon/SRT-4…meaning parts made in Japan/by import companies.

since when is 260hp relatively high???

Probably the common misconception that the motor is made by Mitsubishi. Its not.

its KINDA like a stroked out 4g63 ( hence it being a 2.4)… or so i’ve heard.

i like srt-4’s. pretty nice rides, mod well too.

Its not that motor. For some reason everybody thinks it is.
I remember being on Neon sites and they all said its not a Shitsubishi motor.

That could be true but a “high performance” FWD car is a Japanese concept. Whatever :lol

RELATIVELY, as in relative to FWD cars. I think only one or 2 FWD cars have more than 260bhp if that.

Doesnt the new Impala SS have more?

And Id think some of the fwd Caddy’s have atleast that.

I dunno I’m not interested in FWD cars. Even a 200hp RSX is 10x sportier than an Impala or a Caddy

:rofl:rofl:rofl

My Mitsu motor on stock interals made more than 99% of the cars on this forum including yours. Wait. Not sure if that’s a compliment? :lol:

Developed by Daimler AG (German)
Mitsubishi turbo (Jap)

My stock 1.8 liter Honda made just as much power as your Mitsubishi.

Congrats. What’s your point?

Also, stock internals? Nope.

Actually yes Shawn…lol

That would be a much better choice, but it will not be as cheap as a neon SRT-4

It is relatively high for a $22,000 i-4 FWD that weights under 3000 lbs and can hit 158mph in stock trim.

If power is the only measure of performance then the EVO MR, Subby STI, Lexus IS-F and the Challanger SRT-8 should not have lost to a 260 FWD rental car at the VIR full circuit in last year C&D’s Lighting Lap ~> Lightning Lap 2008: Fastest Cars at Virginia International Raceway

600WHP out of the car’s original motor?

5XX stock from t/b to oil pan. You shoulda built a honga nucka!!

Yeah not quite 600. Close tho. Stock from the Valve cover to the oil pan brotha. 160,000 miles.