tough decision

Just sold my tib for 11k

A : Lease a white impreza with spoiler and get a nice set of gold wheels and save around 10k for most of a down payment on a house in 2 years.

B: Buy a black wrx wingless using around 9000 for the downpayment so i can afford the payments.

…leasing a wrx is out of the question and i really don’t want to go used.

also any nice gold rims anyone would recomend. Im looking for wheel and tire no more than 1000

Thanks for any input.

if you drive a lot… choice B.

Leasing sucks if you do 12k miles a year…

buy one thats like a year used with no miles?

don’t lease…

For rims… hit up one of the 4 big subaru sites and pick up a pair of someones STi stockers

The bbs’s are light and most people will give you the wheels and tires for $1000

Option B.

That car will last a long time most likely, and mileage on a lease blows. So if you are looking for a long term DD it’s a solid choice.

DONT EVER EVER EVER LEASE A CAR. WORST DECISION I EVER MAD I GOT 54000 AND 6 MONTHS LEFT ON MINE.

First questio…

Where are you living currently?

Dont buy a black one unless you enjoy detailing it more than driving it.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:8,topic:32128"”]

First questio…

Where are you living currently?

[/quote]

im 20 living with parents

how much do you drive

[quote=“Joe,post:11,topic:32128"”]

how much do you drive

[/quote]

I commute 25 miles one way to school and 2 miles to work with my tib averaged around 12k miles a year so i was planning on leasing for 15k to be safe.

take over someone elses lease. Nothing down and use the money to make the payments. $9000 will probably cover you for well over 2 years.
www.swapalease.com
or
www.leasetrader.com

[quote=“Joe,post:13,topic:32128"”]

take over someone elses lease. Nothing down and use the money to make the payments. $9000 will probably cover you for well over 2 years.
www.swapalease.com
or
www.leasetrader.com

[/quote]

i am actually starting to like this idea… does anyone have any experience with doing this? it says there are costs to taking over a car lease

What are the costs to take over a car lease?
Membership fee: from $39.95 to $139.95
Credit application fee: $29.95 (one time verification included in membership)
Transfer initiation fee: $149.95 - $249.95
LeaseTrader charges the buyer (you) a one time transfer initiation fee once you and a seller agree on stating the lease transfer process, it is your responsibility to notify and pay LeaseTrader your transfer initiation fee at the initiation of a lease transfer process.

In addition to LeaseTrader fees, you may have the following expenses:
Bank Transfer fee: $0-$600
Most financial institutions charge a fee to process the car lease transfer paperwork and are paid directly to the Finance Institution (e.g. Mercedes Benz Credit).

Registration fees: $50 to $200

this sounds just as bad as a down payment

[quote=“nytib,post:10,topic:32128"”]

im 20 living with parents

[/quote]

That answers your question.

So you sold a car for 11k, did you own it free and clear?

If yes, then you have 11k in your pocket and still need a car.

My advise is to buy a cheap civic, and go buy a house.

My brother is a real estate agent, can help you out. PM if interested.

Buy the wrx, leasing blows, or u can just buy my hatch!

[quote=“nytib,post:14,topic:32128"”]

i am actually starting to like this idea… does anyone have any experience with doing this? it says there are costs to taking over a car lease

What are the costs to take over a car lease?
Membership fee: from $39.95 to $139.95
Credit application fee: $29.95 (one time verification included in membership)
Transfer initiation fee: $149.95 - $249.95
LeaseTrader charges the buyer (you) a one time transfer initiation fee once you and a seller agree on stating the lease transfer process, it is your responsibility to notify and pay LeaseTrader your transfer initiation fee at the initiation of a lease transfer process.

In addition to LeaseTrader fees, you may have the following expenses:
Bank Transfer fee: $0-$600
Most financial institutions charge a fee to process the car lease transfer paperwork and are paid directly to the Finance Institution (e.g. Mercedes Benz Credit).

Registration fees: $50 to $200

this sounds just as bad as a down payment

[/quote]

I did it. I paid $100 to leasetrader to go through with the lease transfer, $595 to GMAC, and $39.95 to join leasetrader and get credit processed. That plus a one way ticket to NC and it ended up costing $1000 down to get $267 a month payments on my GTO for 2 years.

Still in school?

Or no school?

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:18,topic:32128"”]

Still in school?

Or no school?

[/quote]

1 more year of school

buy this:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29344