Tough Mudder (Wounded Warrior Fund Raiser)

I know we’ve got quite a few vets on here so I wanted to post what my sister took part in last weekend. I should give a little background, she dedicates ALOT of her time helping troops. She sends care packages to random troops with snacks, magazines, games, cards, etc. She participates in anything military related whether it be fundraisers or those recruitment days at colleges. So this event was something she’s talked about for the last year and she trained hard for it. Needless to say I’m impressed, proud and shocked that she finished it.

Here’s her blog from it.

Send her my thanks.

I saw this thing and I can’t figure out how anyone could possibly find participating to be fun. But hey, if she does, great job!

Done and thank YOU.

Here’s a picture of her legs after she was done. She said most of the bruises came from crawling through those black tubes they called the “boa constrictor”

Thanks! I used to love getting mail/care packages when I was deployed.

I am doing a tough mudder in April.

I sent a bunch, always put some crazy shit in them. That looks like a seriously brutal course… I just got more imaging done on my rt. shoulder from a 12’ confidence course wall gone wrong that I’m finally getting fixed.

She goes to RIT so if any current troops get one from RIT, she’s the mastermind behind them.

It’s coming in 2013 to buffalo/rochester, I might do that one with her.

If there was one close I would do it.

2013 Buffalo/Rochester

Toronto 8/19

Tough mudder is no joke. Congrats to your sister for taking part and finishing.

Tough mudder is no joke. Congrats to your sister for taking part and finishing.

My wife and I are doing the Warrior Dash in August. It’s not as intense as the Tough Mudder but we are working our way up.

So basically the only thing they don’t make you do is strip naked and starve yourself?

Congrats to your sister though, I wouldn’t have been able to finish it. I can’t swim either.

Bump.

http://toughmudder.com/events/new-york-buffalo-sat-jul-27-sun-jul-28-2013/?gclid=CKLy2aap1LUCFUZV4AodrCsATw

Buffalo: Sat Jul 27 & Sun Jul 28, 2013

Tall Pines ATV Park
1812 Jones Road, Andover, NY 14806

From Buffalo, NY: 1 hour, 50 minutes
From Rochester, NY: 1 hour, 50 minutes
From Syracuse, NY: 1 hour, 50 minutes
From Ithaca, NY: 2 hours
From Hamilton, Ontario: 3 hours

Would anyone be interested on here? I’m thinking about signing up.

Really, you can’t swim?

I am signed up.

I would love to do this. I have a long way to go to be in good enough shape for it though.

Free advice from Andrew Blake

How about you give me half the money you’re going to pay to do this, we’ll go out back, I’ll kick you in the nuts, and we’ll call it a day?