Toyota Dealer Service Dept Rip-Off

JettaX, and some broad sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Yeah that’s enough of that, it is shady as fuck but it happens everyday unfortunatly. Money rules the world.

[quote=“JettaX,post:20,topic:33818"”]

First off she is NOT my girlfriend nor my friends fiance. Secondly I agree with you that it is her fault and she should have consulted someone with more knowledge on the subject before agreeing. I was just shocked to the extent in which the dealer was willing to take advantage of her. In some respects it is like a doctor telling a patient they need a surgery they don’t really need. How often is a patient going to tell a doctor no? I know it is not quite to that extent but is similar in some ways. Again she is NOT my girlfriend.

[/quote]

my bad on the GF part.

And… the dealer is there to make money. it’s not like he’s selling her things like a johnson rod or knueter valve. the services are being performed, and i am willing to bet that they are on a recommended maintenance schedule somewhere, possibly by the manufacturer. All the things she got will help her in some way…

So, she agreed to the service then? I had a coworker that got a return fuel line put on her Camry wagon and it cost her $1600. Funny thing was is she was happy about afterwards. “I know it was done right!”

:picard:

Ya which dealership is it???

Our Service reps push to sell this stuff as well but I can’t see a Service rep doing so without the customers consent.I believe the Service rep explained it the best they could to the customer and the customer just agreed to the service.Doesn’t matter how low mileage the motor is.I just recently ordered a short block for an 07 Camry with only a 1000 miles on it.My dealership doesn’t recommend these service’s unless the customer really needs them.

It’s also called preventive maintance.Camrys like to throw evap/emission codes all the time.If it’s not the air fuel ratio sensor than it is the Vacuum switch valve on the charcoal canister.And I’ve seen as new as 06 cars come in for evap/emission parts.(Gas caps,Filler necks,Vacuum valves,A/F sensors,ect ect…)

[quote=“JettaX,post:20,topic:33818"”]

In some respects it is like a doctor telling a patient they need a surgery they don’t really need. How often is a patient going to tell a doctor no? I know it is not quite to that extent but is similar in some ways. Again she is NOT my girlfriend.

[/quote]

When a person goes into the doctor because they have a cold and the doctor ends up telling them they need surgery… logical people get a second opinion, which is exactly what she should have done.

Holy crap…

Everything they did is not only useless with that low miles, but what the hell, its stupidly overpriced…

But yea, when someone tries to play off the ‘you need new wipers’ thing, i just say, no i fucking dont, did you even look at them? I got them last week… Even if theyre old as hell… LOL

Moral of the story is, if you know nothing about cars, you better bring someone who does with you if your going to the dealer… They WILL try and get something out of you…

Not even a mint on the pillow

:word:

quote of the thread, and i’m not even sure why