Toyota Echo-Transmission install

^^^so what if he has g1 by the time it’s winter im sure he’ll have his g2…btw he made this thread to get help with his tranny and all of the guys that flame really need to get a life

but on the other side its nice to see new ppl trying to learn to do things for them selves, taking your car to the mechanics shop and getting raped with a pole is no fun.

it may take a while but the only way to REALY learn how to do things, is to do it yourself.

if this eco is really dirty cheap than just try it yourself. have someone there to guide you and then next time you can geter done in a hour!

no mistake you make cant be fixed. just remember there is 3 ways to do everything the right way, the wrong way, and the way that works.

proper up in the garage and have a good look at her and plan how your going to do this, make sure u look good for any hidden bolts, linkages ect… and make sure u label everything in bags so you know where it came from and where its home is. (makes life SO much simpler.) my first head gasket was the same, 4 days of planning and a week of on and off work (mind you i had NO idea what i was doing) and it worked out awesome!

just take the time and do it right, get the right diagrams and the right advice.

FWD trannys are a whore to do. but not impossible by any means.

Thanks for the info. We got the echo for 500$, its a 2001. So ill either get it done professionally as the tranny only cost like 60$, and 300$ to swap it in, so in total i think its worth it.

for sure, my uncle knows the guys who own egale transmission in scarbs, so my mom took her accord there even with a HUGE discount the labor alone was 700

you all are gay

why isnt this locked