Toyota Halts Sales on 8 models

WOW…

http://www.buffalonews.com/267/story/936095.html

Toyota halts sales of 8 recalled vehicle models

By KEN THOMAS
Associated Press Writer
Updated: January 26, 2010, 6:19 pm / 0 comments
Published: January 26, 2010, 6:08 pm

Toyota is suspending U.S. sales of eight recalled vehicle models to fix accelerator pedals that stick. As part of the plan, Toyota is halting production at five manufacturing facilities for the week of Feb. 1 “to assess and coordinate activities.”
There are 2.3 million vehicles involved in the recall, which was announced last week.
The Japanese automaker says the sales suspension includes the 2009-2010 RAV4, the 2009-2010 Corolla, the 2009-2010 Matrix, the 2005-2010 Avalon, the 2007-2010 Camry, the 2010 Highlander, the 2007-2010 Tundra and the 2008-2010 Sequoia.
The recall came months after Toyota recalled 4.2 million vehicles due to gas pedals that could become trapped under floor mats, causing the vehicle to accelerate.

holy carp. lol

I heard it was found that it is the accelerator sticking, and nothing to do with the floor mats.

Yeah, I’m investing in Ramen Noodles.

2 seperate incidents.

The floormat issue was due to people “stacking” multiple floormats on-top of one another.

The pedal issue is due to worn down pedals/connectors/whatever. Hence the recall of 05 models to current.

I was going to mention something like that haha. Might have a tough time financing vehicles when production stops. (Yes, I understand that there are other vehicles to still sell and finance in the mean time).

Bwhaha

At worst, it’s only for a couple weeks.

Daaaamn…

Toyota is going through its 80s GM phase.

Very well put…and so very true.

that was the pickup gas tanks outside the frame rail one time right? (i’m a youngin’ @ 29, so the 80’s are pretty vague)

Well if Toyota was scared of Hyundai before, they must really be shitting in their pants now

I thought it was a possible computer issue, could of swore I watched a video of someone saying it happened to them with no floormat

I’ve heard of several people claiming the throttle to stick, even with no floormats. Assuming they’re not lying… Thats kinda a issue.

All of these models are drive by wire, correct? If so, I doubt its the physical pedal sticking… Wouldn’t you be able to lift it up with your foot? Didn’t several people crash as a result of this?

I’ve never really liked Toyota…

It only took Audi FOREVER to live down the “unintended acceleration” which was total bs to begin with.

The acceleration occurs at a slow rate. It’s not like the vehicle puts the pedal to the floor and takes you to 100 mph in seconds. It would be like a slow acceleration. Anyone with half a brain would just hit the brakes and life would be fine.

they would have to make a fast car for that to happen. :fry:

Hmm…

I was just going to ask if any Toyota could accelerate to even 60 in seconds, I thought their gauge was minutes haha.

This blows for them as a company, so much lost $$$.

InB4ToyotastilloutsellsGMthismonth and VW is the 2010 global sales leader