The conspiracy against Toyota.

Figured it’s about time to make this thread after I saw this to confirm the doubt’s I’ve had.

Toyota disputes critic who blames electronics

WASHINGTON — Toyota, dogged by millions of recalls and claims that it still has not fixed its safety problems, took its strongest step yet Monday to silence critics who blame faulty electronics for runaway cars and trucks.

At least one outside expert said that even if Toyota’s criticisms are accurate, the professor’s work shows the systems that allow brakes to override stuck gas pedals can be compromised.

Toyota’s assembled experts said the professor’s experiments could not be recreated on the actual road. For example, they said, Gilbert had shaved away insulation on wiring and connected wires that would not normally touch each other.

“There is no evidence that I’ve seen to indicate that this situation is happening at all in the real world,” Gerdes said. He added that the professor’s work “could result in misguided policy and unwarranted fear.”

Exponent has conducted work for companies that are being sued and once determined that secondhand tobacco smoke was not cancerous. It was also hired by the U.S. government to investigate the Columbia space shuttle disaster.
Exponent officials said they were conducting an extensive study of Toyota electronics but they had not yet found any problems with the electronic throttle controls.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iNwJcVe09iBDYjmKOaeF4IU9vGRwD9EAO7B00

Those are the highlights.

Now we are all car guys here and lets think about this logically.

This whole thing smells fishy.

One - the big incident with the offduty police officer that did everything he possibly could including dialing 911 except hitting the brakes.

Two - the fact that the manufacturer of the switch claimed that the switch wasn’t the problem

Three - The TPS/PPS are essentially the same thing and are the only things that give the ECU input on the gas, if they typically malfunction you struggle to get the car going not to get it to stop. If your TPS is bad you typically stall not go Mach 1 and at least you throw a check engine light.

Four - Toyota being the leading manufacturer at the time of the claims was using the same pedals and having the same recalls as other manufacturers yet the news media ONLY focused on Toyota without hearing about GM models having the same switch from the same company.

Five - The big three, even after being bailed out and one of them being “Government motors” were still slacking in recovery compare to imports, it’s just all that convenient to make the leader - Toyota all of a sudden to start killing peoplel

Six - Toyota from the start were sitting there scratching their heads because they didn’t know what’s wrong. They heard that people are dying and the only possible issue they could have thought off, was floormats, well people kept on dying without there being an actual issue that Toyota was aware off so they recalled just about EVERY car they could think off to check it out, even the ones that didn’t fall under the issue years they agreed to inspect, and now they are finally taking a stand saying - guys there really isn’t an issue here.

Seven - Gm/Ford trying to cash in on the misery of Toyota offering every incentive they could think off to current Toyota owners to get rid of their vehicles for a domestic.

It’s all a little sketchy :ponder

vlad ,the one thing i have to say and please dont take this to heart …
R U FUCKIN SERIOUS

Someone has too much time on there hands if they are thinking this much into a recall.

i agre with him 100%. It is a conspiracy. First toyota now nissan. its the US government trying to drive people toward Government Motors.

Worst thing is the accelerator problem is ain cars with US assembled parts al the Japanese cars from toyota are perfectly fine. Why doesnt the government look at that

so if this was true ,why did yota recall the frames of all there trucks ,before g/m was govy motors ? the only reason why its blown up is do to the fact that yota is on top and oh look they have a problem hmmmmm lets capitalize on that . yota is on top for a reason because they fix the problem and so be it that a couple problems happen so of course the big three are gonna tear it up

The frame was a clear problem and they fixed it.

Right now there was a “study” done saying ther accelerator or pps is faulty and they have to recall, while other manufacturers are hush hush.

Toyota RnD department can’t find anything wrong and are saying the study was bs.

The crashes sound like bs too.

:facepalm

ill agree some of it does sound funny ,but im sure its not a conspiricy .its already been known that it was a u.s.a made pedal that was the defect it needs a shim to push the the sensor out a little further so that it doesent bind in the w.o.t possition .

That was a HUGE issue that toyota tried to sweep under the rug. Did the media have a field day with it? No. Did Mr. Toyoda get called in to testify in front of congress? No!

Now there is some issue which Toyota can’t duplicate in labs or in field testing that has been never been truly confirmed as the reason for some accidents so what happens? The owners of GM (congress) call in Mr. Toyoda to “testify” and ask him questions such as why is it that two suppliers were used and the problem seems to be only with the supplier for US vehicles? Will your solution be a 100% fix for the problem? Why did it take so long for the recall, what were they trying to hide?

All of those questions were literally asked by congressmen and are complete bullshit. There is still a question in my mind as to whether or not there really is a problem or not. I’ve already found out that 2 of the “Accidents” caused by the “defect” were accidents in which the driver of the toyota ran someone down, arrested, and defending themselves by saying that their car wouldn’t stop.

I don’t blame them, I’d say that too if I ran someone down.

Everything about this seems fishy.

i’m blaming toyota on this one

they still have not given up the black box data that is need by law enforcement to help piece together a crash.

they have documents going as far back as 07 saying they knew about problems and that they “dodged” have to pay for lawsuits or government fines

the pedal has a known MECHANICAL problem… it is something that you can prove,see,watch,feel,confirm with your own eyes. their is no “NOTHING IS WRONG HERE” remark that can be made for something that can be shown so clearly.

i agree that the “short circuit” is fishy and dumb and i still don’t understand why it is even useful, the guy in the video was right. he restructured the circuit and no amount of engineering can prevent a guy with a knife and resistor from making funny things happen

toyota is the blaming party in this one. it’s just convenient that it happen while people are starting to come into the market place to buy cars. but hell it would of made more sense when cash for clunkers was out, not now

it took so fuckin long on the recall cause it wasnt apparent on CARS AND WHAT NOT , yota had no idea on what was causing them to do it , its thinkin like this that keeps it hiped up and a big deal

Oh my bad, I completely forgot and overlooked the validity of facts surrounding floor mats killing cops :facepalm

yeah because we are all engineers makin millions each yr diagin cars .most on this forum couldnt diag a car problem to save there life yet somehow know how to figure this out .come on my god . like no other car manu never swept anything under the rug ? if i went and showed ya ll the t.s.b,s and reaclls on domestics you wouldnt leave your house for yrs readin all of them .no go to a yota dealership and do the same ,prolly in and out in a few minetes

My friend has a '10 Tundra and he said they replaced his gas pedal for the recall. He works at Lia so it wasnt even an inconvience for him.

the tard was a cop ,he shoulda known to put it in neutral ,or done suttin else . none of us were ther we dont know so let me guess every moron that blows a redlight on a yota can legitamatly get away with it by sayin MY PEDAL STUCK come on now ,how dumb is taht

yeah its a quich check ,if the pedal has 5 ribs on it its cool ,if it has 7 ya need a new . or is it the other way around ,im not sure now

Is that cop story even legit or is it one of those internet news story myths? Somebody should check it out on Snopes.

Its legit.