Toyota Lexus Problems...anyone have one?

Lots of vehicle listed here: http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/69248992.html

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/toyota-consumer-safety-advisory-102572.aspx?srchid=K610_p228906381

the whole recall seems a bit odd, I’ve seen many cars that can/will get a stuck accelerator if you jam the floormat up into it.

The recall, Toyota’s largest in the U.S., was prompted by a
high-speed crash in August involving a 2009 Lexus ES350 near San
Diego, Calif. Mark Saylor, a 45-year-old California Highway Patrol
officer, and three members of his family were killed when their
vehicle hit speeds exceeding 120 mph, struck a sport utility
vehicle, launched off an embankment, rolled several times and burst
into flames.
Family members made a frantic 911 call from the Lexus and told a
dispatcher the accelerator was stuck and they couldn’t stop the
vehicle.

Perhaps if they weren’t busy on the phone they could have shut off the ignition or shifted the car into neutral. :doh:

burnyd will enter any second here…

Thats what I was kinda thinking but hindsight is always 20/20.

i know a few people i will be forwarding this to

I don’t think the problem is just floor mats. Time will show though…

probably a glitch in the electronic throttle.

Wife drives one. I think she can handle a stuck RX350 throttle problem…neutral and cut ignition after down to safe speed and clear of traffic to account for lack of power brakes. Thanks for the heads up!

that hard to put it in nuetral and turn the key off?

my sister has a new corolla she just got a recall about the brakes something to do with the vacum line from the brake booster to the valve cover could get clogged

they dont list here car on any of the ones about the gas pedal but she has the nice weathertech floor mats not the stock ones anymore

Thank you. I saw this on club lexus a few months ago. to think a highway patrol officer would be able to know to do that. If the pedals are as sensitive as my 03 GS, then I can definitly see the floor mats being the issue here.

im betting its more this than a floormat