Toyota rust problems

not to harp on the “no big deal” parade, but most vehicles are brought about to the attention of the NHTSA about rusty frames, they obviously used a steel that wasn’t very corrosion resistant, its one thing for a part to rust over, another to start rusting through.

Obviously if their buying back vehicles, the problem is worse than the picture dictates or they would say “you live in the rust belt”

then again go on sucking the Toyota Cock of simple transportation and nothing powerful except IS-F.

I just don’t see why Toyota hasn’t learned their lesson and done a better job making the frames a little more rust-resistant. It’s not the 80s anymore- you don’t see a lot of 10 year old vehicles getting scrapped for frame rust. Especially since those trucks have high resale values, and are known for being virtually indestructible. Judging by the number of nice-looking newer trucks I saw just from the WNY area, I’m sure they spent quite a bit buying them back nationwide. It’s nice that they are taking care of their customers, but you would think spending more prepping them at the factory would have saved a lot of money in the long run.