Toyota rust problems

may be more Toyota truck rust problems …
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/investigative/19294250/detail.html

Wait, I thought Japanese cars/trucks were automotive perfection.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Tacoma move worked well for them because although it was a mistake, they cleaned up and went above and beyond for the people who had been affected.

If they deal with the Tundra in the same way, it may also work in their favor in the long run.

Makes me wonder how long paying 1.5x KBB to repurchase a truck back will happen in a down market - especially if Toyota’s still losing money.

And I’d also wonder if this would affect ratings in places like Consumer Reports. Although not a “reliability” issue directly (since the frame hasn’t “failed” - read:physically broken - yet), it does have an impact on value.

Consumer Reports sucks off Honda and Toyota no matter what they do. I doubt it.

Poor Leanne :stuck_out_tongue:

^haha

Time to go out and buy some Tundras?

Pure junk.

When my girlfriends neon had a rotted out engine cradle, and would not pass inspection, we just wrote it off as a shitty 9 year old car that gets dipped in salt six months out of the year.

Why should toyota be responsible for owners not washing cars, and not undercoating them when they live in extreme areas of the country?

QFT

as much as i want imports to be knocked off their pedestal, i have to admit this statement is very true.

I saw a stack of about a dozen flattened Toyota trucks the other day, all bought back and sent out to get crushed. One of them was the old Tacoma I used to deliver parts in for Auto Part Intl.:frowning: That truck was nice when I drove it, can’t believe it was that rusty- it wasn’t even a NY truck until '07.

oh my god!! toyota’s aren’t perfect!!?? no freakin way!!

doesn’t matter who builds it, they are all the same, they will rust and break… it’s a matter of “when”… not “if”

To bad if you look into it, the tundra is made in America and has been for a while. Just something to think about.

i know…

BECK WHERE ARE YOU!?

x2… comon guys lol

It was nice when toyota bought back my brothers Tacoma for 11k when it was truly only worth 5-6k at the time.:tup:

Umm for an almost 10 year old truck being in buffalo I don’t see anything wrong with those pictures.

The pictures don’t prove anything to me either, I don’t see any cracks or anyplace that can’t be welded to.

You live in Buffalo. Deal with it or move.

But the article is in Boston… I dont really see this as something new, the motors are strong and last a long time, but look at Toyota trucks of the 1980’s and 1990’s, you see people driving them around all the time looking like they are going to fall apart, but they still run fine