Toyota stops production, sales of 8 models for gas pedal problem.

Do you know off the top off your head how to shut off a push start Camry while in motion?

Just hitting the button won’t stop it.

Fair point. IDK, I read the title and the first thing that came to mind was turn the damn key.

It has a key right? Turn it to the off position.

Fucking mash the brakes. If the brakes dont suck it should stop you.

IIRC it’s proximity(sp?) key. You don’t need it to be inserted into anything.

Alot of companies have gone to the FOB key and dont have actual ignition switches any more. All 2010 mazdas are like this…but i would think that if you hit the start button it should shutdown the ignition just like the old key used too. Remember some people get killed because of stupidity…there OWN stupidity. Cars aren’t safe and never will be, even with all the safety bullshit.

In theory, under WOT, vacuum brakes won’t have the vacuum needed to stop the car.

:rofl No they keep producing cars that have fatal flaws and address it years later.

Ahh, different story. No idea then. I’ll be honest, I most likely wouldn’t think of putting an automatic in neutral if there was no key to turn it off.

Vacuum boosters store vacuum in them when not in use, so just like you have full braking force for a few stops when the car is off you would have plenty of power to stop the car under WOT. Of course you would also just throw the car into neutral, you dont even need to hit the brakes to do that.

CAMARO>>>>>>*

TOYOTA>>>>>>*

ZOMFG ZOMFG

This is one of those thing where you could argue that advancement in tech, has hindered us. Just think if there was no automatic transmission, no push button starts, stuff like that. Granted theres much more safety equipment involved, but what if cars were only able to go, say 30mph max?

wtf?

ban 1

They are garbage after 7-10 years, totally unacceptable. Go find me a late 90’s Monte Carlo with working AC (that has never been serviced), or a late 90’s Grand Prix that has never needed a power window motor replaced…

Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

At the same time, find me a late 90’s Camry without working AC, or that has needed a power window motor.

Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

he’ll wait.

I’ve NEVER been impressed with a relatively new (80s and up) American economy car. I’ve worked on enough of them to say I’ll stick to Japanese if I want an economy car.

Not true, I’ve seen race cars with stuck throttles stopped using only brakes.

From C&D:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h136/jclarksince86/2010-01-29145431.jpg

Wrong, properly engineered vehicles (in stock form) can be stopped @WOT by jamming the brakes.

Will a GM product do that? Who knows

+rep to offset alpineskiiers neg rep…

A late 90’s monte carlo is not a ‘late model GM’