Toyota suv/truck owners. toyota makes bad choices

REPORT: Toyota whistleblower lawsuit may spur even more legal action against automaker

We knew this was coming. When one time Toyota lawyer Dimitrios Biller filed a federal racketeering suit alleging that the Japanese automaker withheld evidence in several rollover suits, it was pretty obvious that lawyers would want to reopen past suits in light of the claims. Biller’s suit alleges that Toyota withheld electronic evidence (emails) in over 300 rollover cases, and it states that evidence was destroyed by the company in spite of his efforts to secure the data. The suit also alleges that Toyota withheld design and test data for vehicle roofs, and that some vehicles on the road today don’t meet roof safety standards.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/cbsnews_investigates/main5273636.shtml

Toyota Accused of Hiding Evidence

former attorney for Toyota has accused the automaker of illegally withholding evidence in hundreds of rollover death and injury cases, in a “ruthless conspiracy” to keep evidence “of its vehicles’ structural shortcomings from becoming known.”

The explosive allegations are contained in a federal racketeering suit filed in Los Angeles by Dimitrios P. Biller, former managing counsel for Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., who claims his complaints about the company’s legal misconduct cost him his job.

oh no’s! so what happens to those who have toyota suv and trucks that have roof designs taht dont pass standards? do they take them back to the deal and get a whole new suv/truck? is there a fix? lol

toyotas in deep shit for this

if repost, close, but i didnt see anything in search

Yikes, that doesn’t sound good.

p.s. its choices… not choises… LOL

oh shit, hahahaha thanks, i was on a call and didnt take the time to go over everything!

sig. says it all!

Wow, I’m glad I hear about this before buying a Tundra

Just don’t roll it, thats my plan. :wink:

possibly a way to get a cheaper toyota now if you bring this up to them. lol

because all the other auto manufacturers would never do this. (bullshit)

I hope they buy my highlander back! :slight_smile: