TPMS Sensor

So I bought new tires for my car and I mounted them on my wheels over the weekend. I broke one of the TPMS (Tire Pressure Maintence Sensor) and didn’t bother to change it. The tire is holding air and I haven’t experienced any problems except the TPMS light is on, which I figured would be. My question is, with this light on, will it still pass inspection?

no i dont think so.

It will

really?

yea it will, tire pressure light doesn’t matter for inspection

yea you will pass… My light is on right now cause of winter setup and I passed last week… it’s only if you have a engine light that you wont.

I actually have 2 TPMS lights. I have that one that has the squiggly looking things and it lights up orange and then I have another light that says “TPMS” and its lit up right now in yellow. That’s the one i’m concerned about.

One is probably for low tire pressure and the other is for broken sensor/bad com link

Jay, it will 100 percent pass inspection

Jay, it will 100 percent pass inspection

Vermont is an automatic fail if you have a TPMS light on. You lucky bastahds.

yea you should be fine man… where do you get yours done?

You will pass

It will absolutely pass (TPMS, ABS, and Airbag lights are NOT part of NYS Inspection) Check Engine light is the only one to worry about.

the tpms are around $100 or so a piece.

I am a NYS Inspector. Its not part of the inspection in any way (YET) Yes it will still Pass. (For Now)

True dat .

It will pass, my friend has an 08 cobalt and it passed with that stupid light on.

wrong ,the air bag light is part of the nysi ,we need to see if it works properly and record it not a failure but still noticed by dmv ,very soon the tpms system will be part of the nysi as new updates are comin

It’s not wrong, I belive the question was “with this light on, will it still pass inspection?” and the answer is Yes, it will. SRS light is not an item of failure for NYS Inspections, it may be at some point in time, but for now, it plays no relavant role.