traffic ALERT 9-10-2009

i just missed this earlier, and JT76 was right behind me and drove through it

Whos this:

OJ SIMPSON at 09-10-09 said:
WOW glad im in California, bronco wouldn’t make it through that traffic

Amherst Police say drivers should avoid the 290 at all costs until further notice after a tanker carrying 10,000 gallons of jet fuel rolled over around 1 PM.

Homes on Ridgewood and Avalon Drives are being evacuated as a precaution. The three school districts in the Town of Amherst have also been notified.

Smallwood School as well as Amherst Middle and High School will not be transporting students who live on the affected streets. Those students will be kept at school until their parents or emergency contacts pick them up.

The accident itself is on the exit ramp from the eastbound 290 to eastbound Main Street. The highway is shutdown in both directions between the Thruway toll barrier and Sheridan Drive.

Amherst Police says it’s too soon to know yet how long the highway will be shutdown.

The driver of the truck was taken to the hospital with what is believed to be minor injuries.

My buddy Mike just got a txt from a friend saying he was right behind the thing when it went over. Fuel was just pouring out of the thing and the guy almost shit himself thinking it was going to explode.

Joe, your house is gonna burn down.

it’s taking your parents’ with it

Ok, originally I thought it was on main but it’s actually on the ramp that goes over main.

I’m guessing they still have main closed though.

:snky:

I kind wanna go sit in Tim Hortons in the Walker center and poke fun at people in about an hour or so…

I guess transit is a nightmare already since so much of the 290 traffic is going that way to get to the 90.

lol!

If it’s still pic-worthy i’ll snap some when i get home

for the OG’s, the truck driver was 88tempo’s uncle.

Tonawanda - Cheektowaga without using the thruway…FML

North Forest is bumper to bumper pretty much so don’t even try that. I’m assuming harlem is probably the same.

ughhh…where on n.forest? that was my backup plan

N forest from millersport to west klien wasn’t bad but it was more traffic than there should be a 4pm. I bet past Sheridan it’s at a dead stop though.

so anyone know if mercy flight was called, i saw a helicopter flying really really low in that area while i was at work on lunch around 1:30. or was this the news helicopter?

I am sure all East/West routes in that vicinity are going to be jammed. So glad I just moved from that area a month ago. Now I am 1 minutes from work.

great…im gonna have to take some crazy neighborhood back roads now.