Transmission Question

91 240 hatch
my reverse lights do not work and i havnt been able to figure out why
when fixing my speedo sensor lately… i realized that along with my speedo sensor… another sensor behind it (going towards the rear of the car) also has cut wires
still not sure how this happened… think it was maybe something off the road because the cuts do not look like theyve been done by a person
anyways… question being… is that other sensor for the reverse lights?
it would explain alot because i cant figure out any other reason.
thank you.

just connect the two wires together and see if they come on!

also, the only two sensors in there are the speed and reverse. so that should narrow it down quite quickly!

The wires should not go to the rear though. They should goto the front passenger side, to the inhibitor switches on the pass side fusebox in the engine bay.

Also, I am quite sure that there are more than just the speed and reverse sensors. There is a sensor for each gear in a manual tranny.

um about a sensor for every gear on a manual tranny i would maybe do some research before saying something like that because the guys at my shop are getting a good laugh at that comment at the moment

yes i noticed there are more sensors aswell… but this one is close to the speedo sensor… and one of the only ones on the pasenger side of the transmission. i will hook them up… jus dont have the time right now… but was just wondering if anyone could give me an answer