Transmission Update...

Well we got the transmission back together Tuesday night. All went well, we put in Gear Speed 1-5 syncro’s and an obx lsd, in my 92-93 style cable ls trans. Should finally hold some power with the new setup and clutch. The Gear Speed syncro’s in themselves are an upgrade to shifting … each syncro has less teeth, helping in fast shifting … The less teeth the more (if you will) like a “dog box” the trans. will act. As the syncro has less teeth to actually line into place before fully into gear. Also to all that dont believe the obx diff … its amazing all I did was get new 12.9 grade bolts and torque them to quaife’s specs and BAM its a 1/3 cost quaife to a tee. All the machine work now looks atleast up to par and the axle problem has been solved with tapered edges on each input.

• Wed (today) pulled the old transmission and clutch/flywheel. The transmission actually didnt look that bad, may just need syncro’s. But the clutch/flywheel is crap and I am glad I had the scatter shield. The clutch is a 6 puck disk and all the pucks are near mirror from heat and glazing. Also the disk used to be a nice purple blue from act. Its now black and a off green from heat. Next came the pressure plate. Looks like a mess with cracks every 1-2 mm across the whole thing… no idea how it didnt shatter. Then the flywheel was also an act 8 pound pro-lite and it simply put looks like I set it on fire and the puck killed the flywheel sooo bad it has a 2-3 mm step from the wear area to inner and outer edge. All from not even 1 season with power hahahaha.

• Lesson learned and I am a proud owner of my new “baller” parts. Say hello to 20 psi launches … FINALLY some low 10’s biznatches.

nice, good luck hunting for 10s

x2:beer:

x3 thats awesome!

ahh what the hell.

X4

I can’t wait to see it run now that it won’t take three attempts to get into a gear.