Transport Tycoon. :O!!

I cant until Wednesday. I’m out of town.

BUMP

Anyone up for a rousing 1950-2050, weekend match again.

im not being a jerk, but is this just like sim city or something, i briefly looked at screenshots and thats what i saw?

A bit only in the sense it’s handled from a top down view. However you can’t build towns or cities. You run a transportation business moving goods, people, and supplies from place to place. And competing against up to 8 other rival companies (AI or player) using trucks, rail, planes, boats, and down right nasty tactics with quite a bit of depth depending how far you go with it. Quite a fun and addicting game if you are in to those types of games.

That said if you were a fan of SimCity 1, SimCity 2000, rollercoaster tycoon, or business based games this is an excellent if often overlooked classic.

downloading now to check it out

You “might” need some additional files. MPD47 was nice enough to put a link on the first page though.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:66,topic:10185"”]

You “might” need some additional files. MPD47 was nice enough to put a link on the first page though.

[/quote]

Downloading both files :slight_smile:

This anything like railroad tycoon? I used to love that game when I was younger

As ashamed as I am to admit this as a nerd, I’ve never played it. Though the general concept seems the same.

I want to play, but I’ll be in Buffalo all weekend. Not sure if I’ll have computer access. When were you thinking about starting so I can wipe the floor with you again? :wink:

Probably sometime this Saturday morning, I’ll be working most of the weekend like usual so I’ll have to build at night. I can probably get somedude in on it too seeing as anyone can join while it’s running for the 24+ hours required for a game. I’ll have to see what the earliest year possible is for trains.

Postponed until next week I’m not going to be around at all this week.

Anyone have the help tutorials? or links to the guide? I have no clue what the hell to do to even start!

Also, you playing with any patches or just playing the game as the download has it?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/564997/2073

A guide there

No patches, nothing special just newest version of the game.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:73,topic:10185"”]

www.gamefaqs.com

Some guides there

No patches, nothing special just newest version of the game.

[/quote]

The links on the 2nd page, pointing to that website are dead…

but, doing the search on the page for Transport Tycoon, i found a guide. Hopefully it helps…

OK, I turned it on and tried to play. I built two bus stations… but, how do i build busses? I clicked on the bus, and the build button is gray?

So are the trains when I build track and two stations.

What am I missing?!

You have to make a depot, you then can build trains/trucks at the depot. You can then issue orders to the vehicle as to where to go.

As far as resources.

Buses can go within or between towns. Typically not profitable until later on once the city has a decent population.

Coal Mines -> Power Plants
Oil -> Refineries -> Cities accepting goods
Forest -> Lumber Mills

As well as a bunch of other things you’ll learn later on with practice.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:76,topic:10185"”]

You have to make a depot, you then can build trains/trucks at the depot. You can then issue orders to the vehicle as to where to go.

As far as resources.

Buses can go within or between towns. Typically not profitable until later on once the city has a decent population.

Coal Mines -> Power Plants
Oil -> Refineries -> Cities accepting goods
Forest -> Lumber Mills

As well as a bunch of other things you’ll learn later on with practice.

[/quote]

So, do you happen to have a link to the damned instruction manual?!
LOL!

no instruction’s but there is a totorial i think in the game.

you also have to set way points.

About time you posted, are you playing this weekend?

bump

Server will be up in 30 minuteish, booting it now.

IP: castleboat.mine.nu or 68.69.63.198
Password: nyspeed