Tree removal question...

$1 million liability? Just cut them down. Who cares where they land? Your policy would cover that entire neighborhood. lol

See to me, these aren’t big trees. They might be tall, but it’s all little branches that can be pruned off once I get up there. It’s the trunk the is the biggest part and that is only close to the ground.

• Updated - - -

Sad part is, you’re right lol

• Updated - - -

I think you guys think I’m just going to cut the bottom and let the tree fall over…I think the way I’m doing it is smarter than the guys who came and quoted it and told me they would just climb it and start cutting…

If you can set up a camera because the best youtube videos always start with someone who has no idea what they’re doing coming up with a better plan than the people that do this stuff for a living.

Case in point…

That video makes me think this isnt the first time…911 or not? Classic

HAHAHAHA Hey at least I might learn what not to do from this thread…

• Updated - - -

So far, we have 2 no’s, a sarcastic yes from Blue Eyed Devil and one recommendation to pull them out with my truck. Anyone else? lol

$900 is about right…tight spaces and needs to be taken down in sections which takes times with pulleys and a couple guys

that’s how i would do it at least

does not look like you would be able to get the bucket back there with the legs down? i assumed the tree needed a to be climbed

even if you can get the bucket back you have to no how to rig up the tree in order to take big chuncks down…also you run the risk of things swinging back into the bucket and knocking you out…not a job for amateur if you ask me

^^Are you suggesting that you might do something like this yourself?

HMB while I… Vid/Pics for reddit are a must.

i live in Syracuse otherwise I would offer to help

but unless you have done something like this before I would say this is not a ideal situation to learn on…

I do know how to setup a pulley system once the pieces are cut. I only plan to take small sections at a time and tie them off so they don’t swing. Utilizing that and lowering ropes, it should be ok. I will be able to put the legs down right next to the garage and it will reach to the trees.

To be exact, I will be looking to cut the larger sections in 16" increments for my brother to use for firewood.

So I got a referral from someone on here and I will probably end up having someone else do the work this week. I guess you guys succeeded in talking me out of doing it myself, although I was looking forward to having my own youtube video…

in all honesty, I probably would attempt it.

I have cut down trees like this pretty easily in the pat, but not near other peoples houses. My brother had an idiot neighbor drop a tree on his house when he was drunk. Guess the guy got hammered and decided he didn’t like the tree.

I was up on the garage today and trimmed all the branches about 10’ up from there. I think I can do it, but I think I’ve got some help that can’t pass up on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my best childhood memories is cutting down this huge tree in my parents back field…it was a big dead ash or maple…probably 120-150’ tall. My dad put his 40’ ladder up on it then climbed to about half way up and tied on a rope.

my 2 brothers and I were to pull while dad cut it at the base…it was in the hedge between fields and he didnt want if falling into the next field over. So we are pulling away as he cuts and as it started to topple over it became very obvious that the rope was too short and we were in the fall zone…the 3 of us just ran in every direction as it hit. Great time. Just remember a 200’ rope won’t always be enough to pull down a 150’ tree.

I had twelve 70’+ trees removed from my front yard before landscaping. Cost around $4300 I think. They came in, did the work, and did the stumps quicker than i could get 1 tree down. Yes, spending the money on removing trees sucks, but having professionals do it is worth it in the end. Trying to do something yourself never pans out as expected.

Relax, I know what I’m doing…

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dma-103.jpg?w=550&h=825

Holy smokes. That guy is just asking for it.

It’s ok, he has a hard hat on.

Should I rent a bobcat too?

Oh and some of you may find this entertaining as well: http://www.urlesque.com/2010/01/13/tree-removal-fails/