Tree Removal ... Garlow Services - Looking for reviews

Oh man, my first home-owner’s thread. I’ve crossed over :/:

Anyways, I need about (10) 70-foot trees removed from my front yard (for starters). Coincidentally, a guy named Shawn knocked on my door tonight soliciting stump removal. I couldn’t turn down the offer, so i got that done on the spot. We got to talking, and his buddy does tree removal, and I’ve been meaning to get quotes. I want to overhaul my front lawn, but first thing’s first, i need the trees gone.

The company in question is Garlow Tree Service. He spent quite a bit of time talking with me and seems to know his stuff. He is insured, which is a requirement. It’s not cheap, but i’m happy (well, less turned off) with his price.

Does anybody have any experience with this company? I did a quick search for reviews and found one very good one, but i’d like to hear some more experiences.

Thanks,
Bill

I’m having a pine tree removed tomorrow by my buddy. He’s insured/experienced etc. I’ll see if it’s something that he’d be interested in. He also does stump removal, but he’ll just excavate it rather than grind it down.

If you want, I can take the trees. He can take all the limbs and stuff… but I’ll take the bigger stuff so he won’t charge you for removal. Depending on how far away from me you are…

Make sure he’s insured, if he’s an actual Arborist that’s a HUGE plus. Some people are just idiots who some how manage to find a company to insure them… Some recommend taking a photocopy of his license + insurance papers.
If he’s indeed a good Arborist, you can definitely expect to pay for his service. They don’t come cheap. Their equipment isn’t cheap, consumables aren’t cheap, etc…

There’s also cutting on property waivers you can do… But that’s pretty pointless if he’s insured. That’s mainly for uninsured people so they can’t go after your homeowners. Like for example if I came on your property and starting cutting trees, you would want a copy of it then, so I can’t cut myself up and then sue you.

Never heard of them, but I am mostly in the commercial side… But if you are looking for more prices,

I can recommend Justin from Professional Tree Care, he is fast, and does a great job for me weather clearing 2 trees or 2 acres of trees. He can give you a price if you want. 716-228-3387, Tell him Joe from Anastasi sent you.

^Does stump grinding?

My nephew is a cert. Arborist and helped me take down 4 trees in front of my house (Very close to 2 other houses and two over 80 ft) he is super detail oriented and cheaper than anyone you will find, If you are interested I know he would help you out after his day job at the tree service PM me

turbo-ls: if you dont mind me asking how much was the stump grinding ? number and diameter of tree stumps ect. I have four 12" dia. stumps that I want removed, and If he is decent priced I may just go through the guy you used