Tried to get an alignment today

yep that’s wat I said 2

they couldn’t get it on the rack? or get the jacks set up to lift it??

oh sweet badass man :tup: My car still needs one. The ball joint really helped a lot with handling lol…but it still pulls like a sonofabitch.

fixed

does it pull all the time? or only under brakeing? ? also is there any play in front? i had front end issues with my car i ended up replaceing everything up front includeing the rotors and it still had play due to the steering box having play

dan and i both got our cars done at his friend jeff’s shop on transit. give him a call. he was able to get both of our cars on the lift and was very inexpensive.

Go to Goodyear on Sheridan near Delaware. I just was there to get my alignment done. I gave them my specs & they got my car done for about $70/1 year warranty

Front: Camber: -3.5, Toe: 0 (0.10-0.20)
Rear: Camber: -2.0 to -2.5, Toe: 0.20 total toe in

Im sure they BS’ed you cus they just prob didnt have the time to get it in, and they were prob too chicken-shit to be honest with you.

1-inch to 2-feet is quite a broad range…i don’t think you know what you’re talking about mister. :wink:

as soon as he pulled out of the shop…the mechincs high-fived laughing and said “that douche is sooo stupid…he actually believed us. We should have said his wheels were too round!”

do you enjoy buying tires

Its an BMW & it is what I wanted.

I could have done:
Front: Camber -2.5, Toe 0
Rear: Camber -1.5 to -2.0, Toe 0.20 (1/8th total toe in)

Because of the M3’s suspension geometry. Simply put, as the car rolls in a turn, the outside wheels’ suspension compresses (makes sense right?). The rear suspension was designed to gain negative camber as it compresses. So as the body rolls, the tire does not roll over as much as the car’s body roll, maximizing the tire’s contact patch. The front suspension is different, it does not gain negative camber as it compresses (during body roll in a corner), and therefore allows the tire to roll over to the outside edge, minimizing traction. This is why you must give the front end more negative camber to begin with. (Another very popular M3 trick is to run a stiff front sway bar, to limit the front body roll and maximize tire contact).

Remember negative camber does not kill tires. Negative camber plus excessive toe (in or out) causes inner tire wear. Toe (in or out) in effect forces the car to “drag” the tire down the road, where 0 toe lets the tire roll down the road. Make sense? Negative camber will cause the tire to roll on the inside of the tire, but negative camber plus excessive toe will drag the inside of the tire down the road causing bad inner tire wear.

yup, thats why i have a 27-29mm fsb.

newman had about 3 degrees of negative camber up front, not sure about toe. ask him how long his tires lasted.

I’m all for it, I’m guessing you race your car quite a bit whether it be autocross or track events. however if you just rolled around like that on the street it would be a big waste of rubber.

I had to ride my bicyle down to pickup the car, it was almost 90 degrees out and i was exhausted, i didnt feel like arguiing with them, i wont be going back there again, considering they didnt call me back at all to let me know what was going on, i got there at 4:45 and they close at 5pm, and they didnt call me to tell me what was going on, so i dont think they were going to,

Word

:frowning: Sorry Brian

I tried… lol

WTF, I went there to get mine done and they told me they couldnt get a baseline readin on their rack and couldnt tell me where I could get one done.

I went there maybe 3 months ago to get tires mounted and an alignment. Did they take your front bumper off for it?

Now I’m confused. There were like 6 people there at the time. I figured one of them would have known how to get it done.

PS: Glad you like the shot I took, Thought it was one of the better ones I got that day.

Had a good experience with Goodyear on sheridan…my Car is lowered enough to give some racks trouble, has aftermarket camber plates and I wanted specific specs. They got it done with no questions asked and for only $70. The specs I wanted were ‘within spec’ range this time but I usually get some kind of bs.

I’ve had less than good experiences in the past with suburban, horbinskis, firestone on mckinley, expert tire and joes Auto in Hamburg.

I don’t see a problem with it :thankyou:

Just great deals…

Auto Specialties.
(716) 625-6125
6172 S Transit Road,
Lockport, NY 14094

I’ve been here 3 times now for an alignment (changing suspension parts) and they’ve done a perfect job every time. They even double check that the steering wheel is perfectly straight.