Triumph presents Daytona 675 LE

For whatever reason, most major motorcycle brands can be identified by a specific color. For instance, Honda is red and Kawasaki is green. Over the years, both Yamaha and Suzuki have been associated with particular colors too, though those two cycle manufacturers have flip-flopped a few times. We have an unsolicited suggestion for classic British manufacturer Triumph: stick with the white and blue scheme that’s about to debut on the new Daytona 675SE. It’s perfect.

Triumph says the bike’s Pearl White bodywork and Sparkle Blue frame were “designed to enhance the British bike’s sleek and slender profile.” Mission accomplished. Underneath the new livery lies the same 126-horsepower, 675cc inline three-cylinder engine that every Datyona comes standard with and was mildly refined for the 2009 model year.

If you want one, we suggest you get in touch with your local Triumph dealer post haste. “Less than 350” SEs are planned for the North American market, and pricing begins at $9,999 in the U.S. and $11,999 in Canada.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/05/triumph_daytona_se_5.jpg

very nice

well hello there

One of the most flickable bike around, 3 cylinder combines good mix of mid range and high end power and a very narrow race bike profile compare to the 4 cylinders.

The question is choosing between the Street Triple R and the Daytona. Decisions, decisions…

For less than the price of a Hyundai accent, you can be with something that will destroy 99% of anything with 4 wheels you will see on the road.

So ugly…

Though I do badly want a red '09 to replace my '06.

Finally a new bike where the design of it isn’t hideous…this bike is absolutely gorgeous!

The bike has been out with almost that same exact look other than the color and blue frame since '06. Very minor updates for 09

Yea they have always looked good, very sleek. Sounds awesome as well.

It’s a facelife similar as to what Honda did with the CBR 600, slight tweaks in the lines to make it “new and improved”.

I personally still am on the fence as to which design I like better.

As far as bike configuration is concerned, Rocket Punch is 100% right, after riding twins, I4’s and getting onto the 675 I was shocked to find out that it wasn’t at all the failure I was expecting it to be. Full range of TQ down low as if it’s a twin, and screaming demon on top end as an I4, while having the weight benefit and center mass similar to Twins and having the sound that will keep neighbors for months how can something that sounds like a Geo Metro go by their house so quick at night.

I want one so bad. Pure sex right there.

Here is a clip of the 09 via MCN. Revisions include engine mods and fast/slow bump damper adjustment.

08 vs 09:

The engine mods are mainly a different cam chain adjuster, different tune and a slightly lighter exhaust.

Some of the rear suspension has also been redone, in addition to the high/low speed adjustments added on the rear shock to give a smoother ride.

i like the design, i just dont care for the blue frame. maybe if the fairings were black?

I think the contrast plays well and Triumph finally has their “gimmick” color scheme if they stick with it.

Black frames get boring and hide too many details.

I’m still very pleased with the balanced visual styling of my “silver” frame on the 650, and enjoy it more then the black of the newer generation SV’s.

Someone is selling a 06 on craigs; 2.3k miles for $6800 (bike only)

http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/1176723157.html

i said if the fairings were black, maybe id like it. :thumbup

I dunno about the black but that’s just my opinion. There’s something about owning one of the obscure makes(ducati, triumph, agusta, etc) that an oddball color scheme makes them stand out a little more from the norm of the jap bikes. I like the blue/white combo myself. Was always a fan of the ducati red with gold frame look. Weird things like that are unique.

Love these and the Speed Triples. Every time I see one I can’t help but to:

http://th05.deviantart.com/fs39/300W/f/2008/344/c/9/I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg