Truck and trailer needed

Justin < diagnosing motors :lol As a good friend you crack me up sometimes…

DME can be the issue. It’s 100% likely that it being f-ed up had absolutely nothing to do with any of Tony’s work, but doesn’t mean it couldn’t have shit the bed in a timely manner as this. Example…a bad ground cluster could be causing excessive resistance, causing FP to run excessive amps and prematurely burn out. It could also have lead to a burned DME. DME controls ignition…yaddy yada. I’ve replaced a handful of burned Porsche DME’s before, not uncommon in German cars.

A bad FPR can be causing all this as well, and could have also been a cause of the blown FP. However again, nothing that can be diagnosed over a keyboard and requires someone under the bonnet that knows what they’re doing.

There are so many possible causes for this type of crap, that’s why it’s important to get it to someone who knows how to diagnose them.

Cossey, if I wasn’t so god-damn busy here I’d have you bring it down and let me work the issues out. There are two main chassis ground points for the DME harness in the engine bay, I’d have Tony double check their condition/security. RUF Autocenter would have been the one who initially puled the engine, but even those that work on these cars 24-7 are not completely foolproof and you may find a faulty ground cluster.

German cars + bad grounds are here to stay…

Don’t get rid of the car. Give it some time to work the kinks out. You’re not gonna find another car of this caliber that doesn’t have issues, really.