Truck bed liners

Spray in Vs plastic lay in. Using the truck for landscaping, and such.

Also who does this (spray in ) in the south hills area?

Thx

WIll

lay in

Spray in will eventually keep ,oisture n water in adn eat the metal,people think rhino liners are sooooooooooo damn good but all in all they do nothing but help eat away ur bed in due time. For landscaping plastic lay in would be better,what size n truck?

and if ur doin landscaping, lay in over the bed liner is the way to go!

06 6.5 bed dodge

Call truck outfitters in bridgville and ask for Devin stalker. He will take care of you

i think you have that backwards! drop in’s get water under them and rust away. i’m not sure what due time is, 20 years? 30 years? i can tell you it’s not 5 years that’s what mine’s been on for. it’s seen the freezing cold temp’s of denver, it’s also been through a couple hurricanes,no rust yet best part i put stuff like groceries or tools and drive and when i get home or wherever it’s right where i left it no sliding around.

edit: to answer the where at question, pick your company line-x or rhino then go to the website. they both offer dealer in the south hills. just stay away from the color match it will fade in the sun

i think for landscaping i would use plastic bedliner
esp if you are gonna be shoveling stuff out of truck constantly
spray on it nice if you want keep everything in place.
but IMO i would do plastic in your situation

awesome thx guys!

yeah, a spray in liner will get all chewed up if you are going to shovel stuff out of the back…get a hard liner if that is the case…

ordered it today, 130.00 cheaper then dodges???

one way to prevent rust is before you lay in the liner coat the bed with grease… for a few dollars it does a great job.

Drop in. Spray in will get chipped up if you use the bed a lot, and chances are it will take the paint with it. I’ve see spray in used for landscaping trucks before… You knick that stuff with a shovel or something, it’s going to chip.

drop in ftw, Easier to remove small debris and dump the bedliner as a whole.
then snap back into place.

welcome to the north east, expect rust :rolleyes:

have you removed your spray on liner to inspect the metal under it?

nope nor have i stripped the paint from my truck to inspect for rust. the lining is a waterproof barrier, water can not pass through it. for it to rust there would have to be a tear, then only that area exposed would be able to rust. to fix is simple as a driveby to the dealer a little cold patch and good as new.that is why to remove a spray in liner is a royal pain because it bonds., whereas with a drop in if a tear or hole occurs water will get underneath and stay add o2 and you’ve got the formula for rust. but if you get holes or tear in the drop in just replace it and you’ll be good to go, i’m not suggesting he go with spray in i just wanted to clarify that they don’t rust out underneath.

I vote Spray in. Won’t you be using a trailer or a dump truck to haul stone and soil most of the time?

If the truck will mostly hold tools and equipment, I would def get it sprayed on.